SEASON 18 RACE 1 -INCIDENTS REPORT

Race 1: I came upon a ****ing mess at the second chicane (after being on the receiving end of bullshit already), decided to take across the tarmac inside the chicane, and rejoined just slightly carelessly, leaving not enough room for two cars and causing a mess behind me. Quite how you get two cars coming out of that corner fighting rather than line astern, god knows. Anyway, I DNFd myself straight after, due to a mix of shame and just bewilderment at what I was seeing.

Race 2: Unfortunately I was gridded up front. I'm multiple seconds a lap slower than everyone here so that was never going to be great. Initial braking into the first corner was OK, people respecting cold brakes and my slowness. But then I assume someone further back went idiot mode again and hit someone who hit someone who then hit me. Great stuff.

Lap 17 at the Lesmos saw someone trying to pass at a non-passing spot and hit me. Went off, lost more time. Didn't stop for new tyres, finished 8th. WTF? All those non-finishers. No idea what is going on there. Must assume the craziness that continued all through race 1 happened again in Race 2.

Just appalling driving. Seen better in DriveClub online lobbies. Either people had not practiced at all, or they were trying to suddenly drive someone else's setup, or they are simply clueless in terms of racecraft.

And to top it off, on replay/monitor mode, during race 1, I was seeing some terrible lag on many people. Either slow pings from people, or a poor server. Unless it was something at my end (which I doubt), that may have made people's efforts ten times worse.

I will try the next race, but not beyond that unless I see a reason to believe that people know how to drive properly.

Race 1 T1 - Martin and David touched and spun, I hit the back of Martin, that was my bad, I thought I could go around. It actually helped martin I think because he took of fast after that.
However I was sideways and Valle hit me and turned me around. When I was flipped around again my car felt strange and I wanted to check the pit menu status but hit the wrong button and went into neutral while I was just up shifting and blew my engine. (VR issues, wont happen again I hope:rolleyes:)

Race 2
Lap 9, I left slightly too less space for Martin in T1 when he tried to make an overtake on the inside. However it must be said that I thought he backed off as his front tire was along my back tire all breaking long, so I went for the corner and left about a wheel width too less space and his front tire hit my rear and I spun off.
Lap 21 T9 - Niclas was a few seconds in front of me and spun in middle off the corner. He was rolling backwards but when I was just about the pass him he went forward hit my rear left tire and I then went into the tire wall. race over. It happens, but I was very frustrated because I was just getting a good flow for the track and after Race 1 was over so soon I was starting to have fun again.

Please people if you spin off and roll in one direction it's best to keep rolling in that direction until you are off the track or if you stop on track hit the brake so that you don't suddenly move forward or backwards.

Race 1: I came upon a ****ing mess at the second chicane (after being on the receiving end of bullshit already), decided to take across the tarmac inside the chicane, and rejoined just slightly carelessly, leaving not enough room for two cars and causing a mess behind me. Quite how you get two cars coming out of that corner fighting rather than line astern, god knows. Anyway, I DNFd myself straight after, due to a mix of shame and just bewilderment at what I was seeing.

Race 2: Unfortunately I was gridded up front. I'm multiple seconds a lap slower than everyone here so that was never going to be great. Initial braking into the first corner was OK, people respecting cold brakes and my slowness. But then I assume someone further back went idiot mode again and hit someone who hit someone who then hit me. Great stuff.

Lap 17 at the Lesmos saw someone trying to pass at a non-passing spot and hit me. Went off, lost more time. Didn't stop for new tyres, finished 8th. WTF? All those non-finishers. No idea what is going on there. Must assume the craziness that continued all through race 1 happened again in Race 2.

Just appalling driving. Seen better in DriveClub online lobbies. Either people had not practiced at all, or they were trying to suddenly drive someone else's setup, or they are simply clueless in terms of racecraft.

And to top it off, on replay/monitor mode, during race 1, I was seeing some terrible lag on many people. Either slow pings from people, or a poor server. Unless it was something at my end (which I doubt), that may have made people's efforts ten times worse.

I will try the next race, but not beyond that unless I see a reason to believe that people know how to drive properly.

maybe it be best if you dont try next race, your clearly too volatile for this league, it was the first race of a new season with many new drivers struggling for setups and all you could do was critisise and swear here and on the server, im sorry but who are you to call others idiots when youve just explained you caused a mess too, please dont bother turning up next race unless your attitude seriously improves, we are all here to learn but i wont sit back and watch you call people idiots and talk the way you have. maybe some drivers need to learn some more but you need to learn how to control your temper firstly.

My incidentes:
race1:
first lap second chicane: I had a contact with Sami Pesari. 100% my bad, but I cant aboid it...
few laps later at the same chicane contact with Francisco Valle, this time im not sure that is or not my fault.
Race2
Race start: litle contact with Valerio Vinassa without consecuences i think...

Second incident with Tom Lamberts in Lesmo

when i returned to track: the big one with Francisco Valle

Race 2
: Too much incidents :(

ts 167 : hit @James Andrew while trying to overtake in the inside of parabolica. Hopefully no much trouble for him (and me) but I would have preferred to have more room here. Maybe he hadn't see me : a lap later I overtook him in a similar manner and had much more space.

ts 389 : hit @Peter Decker at the first chicane, he recovered quickly and I let him pass me in the following straight (lost 3 other places in the process :mad:).

ts 998 : collided with @April Dillon that sent me spinning, and then @krusti hit me. Nothing much we could do, that was a nasty racing incident. Recovered with a bent rear left suspension and a light flatspot, but the car was drivable enough, and I was able to finish the race with this damage.

ts 1242 : touched @April Dillon in parabolica, when trying to overtake in the inside. Maybe I was too optimistic and should have been more careful. That sent her in the gravel and in the wall. She abandoned shortly after, so I was very disappointed and felt sorry for her since I think it was the result of that.:(

ts 2093 : after a spin in ascari, I messed completely with my gears, unable to find reverse in time to clear the track. @jego couldn't avoid me, I'm very sorry :(

maybe it be best if you dont try next race, your clearly too volatile for this league, it was the first race of a new season with many new drivers struggling for setups and all you could do was critisise and swear here and on the server, im sorry but who are you to call others idiots when youve just explained you caused a mess too, please dont bother turning up next race unless your attitude seriously improves, we are all here to learn but i wont sit back and watch you call people idiots and talk the way you have. maybe some drivers need to learn some more but you need to learn how to control your temper firstly.
I am a big man, and I can take a telling off. I absolutely understand, appreciate, and respect that you find my tone and language unacceptable in YOUR league, regardless of whether I have a point or not. You make the rules, you decide how your league runs. I apologise.

But I do feel I have a valid point. My frustration was not at anyone in particular, nor any given incident. It was the sheer number of them, from so many drivers, time after time after time - through three practice starts and the majority of both races. I was not even on the receiving end of any great disaster - I just saw so many people needlessly ruining so many people's races. Not just at the start, but all the way through, mainly from very poorly-judged or impatient overtake attempts.

I'm new to the league, so perhaps I should wait to see how penalties/sanctions are handed out. I just feel disappointed that so many people were not able to control their own performances during the evening after seeing one or two problems happen to others. Self-regulation is preferable over external punishment.

let me start by saying i accept your apology and appreciate it, but this is not MY league, this is OUR league which means everyones that bothers to put time in to make the league what it is and has become over the nearly 10 years it has been running. it is obvious that things didnt go according to plan exactly in the first race of the new season but hopefully better will follow as people learn from their mistakes and as you say self regulation is preferable to us dishing out punishments.

we will see how things go when everyones race reports are in and admin will discuss what happens next, right now im willing to give everyone a chance to own up to their mistakes and to say sorry and then see how the next race goes, if its more of the same then penalties will be applied.

just calm down though, theres no need to be so angry and post the way you did, things will get ironed out as we go, give admin a chance to see whats happened and then discuss it before making any posts as like you say you werent involved in hardly any incidents so be thankfull for that as some of us had races ruined and youve not seen anyone else go mad about it, remember admin were racing too so remain unaware of anyone elses incidents until they are reported or we watch the replay.

like i said though, your apology is accepted

My incidentes:
race1:
first lap second chicane: I had a contact with Sami Pesari. 100% my bad, but I cant aboid it...
few laps later at the same chicane contact with Francisco Valle, this time im not sure that is or not my fault.
Race2
Race start: litle contact with Valerio Vinassa without consecuences i think...

Second incident with Tom Lamberts in Lesmo

when i returned to track: the big one with Francisco Valle

Really sorry about that incident in the lesmo. I was looking tyre wear i think, and next thing i knew i collided with you. I didn't know wether you were just slwo exiting, lost it on the exit, or whatever. And i was already frustrated with some other avoidable incidents that happened earlier. So i didn't let you back past? I should have.

Really sorry about that incident in the lesmo. I was looking tyre wear i think, and next thing i knew i collided with you. I didn't know wether you were just slwo exiting, lost it on the exit, or whatever. And i was already frustrated with some other avoidable incidents that happened earlier. So i didn't let you back past? I should have.
no problem... race incident...
i lost the race line a te entry of lesmo, so i was very slow at the exit. It wasnt a hard collision, but enought to get me out the track.
The main problem is when i came back to the track, because i destroyed francisco Valle´s race.

Here we goooo

Race 1
First - Small concertina bump from @Lazaros Filippakos, yellow damage on rear
Second - 3-wide not quite working out with @Vlad Dogar and @Sami Pesari. Probably on both me and Sami to have been a bit smarter at the time.
Third - Side-by-side through Parabolica with @Vlad Dogar getting a little dramatic! Bit of a nasty surprise :p
Fourth - Bump into the second chicane by @krusti
Fifth - Spun and caught @David Turnbull, lost the car all by my own mistake. Oversteer exiting the corner, no contact with @Peter Decker so we're all good there. :)

Race 2
First - This bump approaching T1, instantly flat-spotted all tires... The vibrations were quite extroadinary. Probably best I don't have a motion simulator, else that would have been, um... Distracting. :p
Second - Bad rejoin by @jego
Third - Push into 2nd chicane by @Lazaros Filippakos
Fourth - Got caught up with a spinning @David Turnbull and then caught @Nicolas Rouge in the wreck.
Fifth - The race ender with @Nicolas Rouge, not that hard an impact on its own but the damage was adding up too much by this point to continue safely.

Oof... This really was an eventful one. :(

R1/L2/T1:
Collision with David. I was as rigth as possible but we had a contact.
Sry that you lost so many places, wasn`t my intention.

R1/L12/T1:
My brakes failed and my car rolled over several times. I thought I see the left hander of the chicane and continued. But I was standing in the wrong direction. After a second I was on the start/finish straigth, then I realized the mistake, but then I allready saw Daniele V. comming. I pulled immediately left into the green and wall to avoid a crash. Luckily nothing happened.
Sry for the scary moment Daniele V. and rigth behind him Peter D.

R2/L9/T1:
Same situation as with David in R1, but this time with Johannes M.
Sry that you lost so many places, wasn`t my intention.

Cyas
Martin

Third - Side-by-side through Parabolica with @Vlad Dogar getting a little dramatic! Bit of a nasty surprise :p

Sorry about that one, it was because I went too much on the kerb and the car oversteered. You use to leave space on the inside just to be sure (even if not necessary), and that is tempting sometimes. :D

I forgot about it, that`s why I didn`t mention it. But if it is considered punishable, I`ll accept it.

Sorry about that one, it was because I went too much on the kerb and the car oversteered. You use to leave space on the inside just to be sure (even if not necessary), and that is tempting sometimes. :D

I forgot about it, that`s why I didn`t mention it. But if it is considered punishable, I`ll accept it.
All good! Significant enough to mention, but I'm not out for blood for it or anything. :p

Incident 1 - with Martin in Race 1

Having just overtaken Martin earlier in the lap he managed to get DRS on me coming upto turn 1 but I felt I was ahead enough to be able to take a normal line through the turn, Martin hadnt braked enough though and hit my back wheel and spin me around and off the track, it looks like he was considering waiting for me to rejoin but in doing this caused a massive pile up behind.

Abit more care should be taken here from Martin in my eyes, he wasnt in a passing position and the aftermath made it even worse, if this sort of thing happens again then please pull over to a safe place so as not to affect the following cars, apology accepted though :)

Incident 2 - with April in Race 1

Nothing any of us could do to avoid this incident, I tried to lift and move to the left but unfortunatly Aprils car went to the left too so it was unavoidable.

Racing incident :thumbsup:

Incident 3 - with Fransisco in Race 2

Coming to the second chicane Fransisco was very slow on the inside and I though I had passed into the first part of the chicane but he was still on the inside of me and we touched causing both of us to spin, I understand Fransisco was going slower on the inside so as to avoid incidents in a highly populated part of the track but the hesitation played a part in this incident.

Racing incident :thumbsup:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea