SEASON 15 RACE 1 - RACE REPORTS

it's funny because as soon as I come back to the forum two new guys are telling me to fix the problem, if you both knew the hassle I've had with the dedi and trying to keep us up and running you'd know why I think thats funny, but it's no problem I'll just "fix the issues" although it never occured to me to try that before :O_o:

I don't know why you take this as an offence or whatsoever, we are maybe new to presto, but not to simracing.

it's funny because as soon as I come back to the forum two new guys are telling me to fix the problem, if you both knew the hassle I've had with the dedi and trying to keep us up and running you'd know why I think thats funny, but it's no problem I'll just "fix the issues" although it never occured to me to try that before :O_o:

The race will be rescheduled which was discussed on the server but you left so fast after the server problem you probably didn't see this. I'll get to work later today on amending the calendar to work this in, also I'll try fix the issues lol whatever they may be, next race we will hopefully have Peters server running though, its obviously a fundamental problem with the router or internet server that the dedi is on.

I also take care of some rF2 servers. So its not the point that i dont know how much work this is.
And i have no clue what the problem is. But you need to agree its not optimal when a lot of people are randomly losing connection.
I have no clue what the problem could be. I only know our server with this build are solid. Here i only can offer to host you mod to check if its maybe something with the car or the track in combination with the build.
And i left so quick because i saw in the chat mostly enter and leave messages.

I did'nt take it as offensive Christian, thats why I put the funny smiley after it, I laughed :)

Simon thanks for the offer, and I do agree its not optimal thats fairly obvious, keeping servers running is one thing, getting them to work is another entirely, I've reformatted the dedi twice, I've reinstalled servers countless time's, I've defaulted routers, redone ports, set firewall rules, believe me everything that can be done has been done, its obviously the router or virginmedia because I've had the exact same thing happen here when the dedi was in my house and I'm on the same net provider, makes me think that either their router firmware is duff and just wont deal with loads of clients or they have actively blocked loads of clients connecting to the router, some more tests will tell.

We have Peter who has servers and is in a diffrent country with diffrent provider so if he is fine with it we will go with his server for race nights until such time this end is bug free, I don't know what else I can try except build a new dedi, change net provider or just admit defeat.

Glad to be able to do a 30 minutes race with you guys. Unfortunatly that was possible cos there was server problems and that's :poop: everytime it happens :( So many efforts by David should not be penalysed that way...

I wanted to apologized on @Phil Shillitoe cos i didnt left enough room at parabolica. Very sorry m8, was my bad. Here is a video to show what happen.

Doesn't look like your fault to me Steeve, Phil never got his nose in front of you, also it seems he backed off and your wheels clashed, maybe he thought he was in a dangerous position?.

[QUOTE="

I wanted to apologized on @Phil Shillitoe cos i didnt left enough room at parabolica. Very sorry m8, was my bad. Here is a video to show what happen.

[/QUOTE]
@Steeve Fournier, no need to apologise mate - just one of those things. I wasn't too sure if you'd seen me or not, so i took my foot of the throttle a touch earlier than i would ordinarily have to try and prevent a collision ( but obviously failed miserably!)

Well well well... what a start. Nice to see an almost full grid! I will prep the server box during the weekend. It would be really helpful if we could gather a bunch of drivers for some fun race test maybe monday evening. I will start a thread about it.

Btw, when I got up this morning I read the race chat from the late fun race yesterday - sorry that some were let down when no rain came. Did anyone realise what was different? ;)

Well well well... what a start. Nice to see an almost full grid! I will prep the server box during the weekend. It would be really helpful if we could gather a bunch of drivers for some fun race test maybe monday evening. I will start a thread about it.

Btw, when I got up this morning I read the race chat from the late fun race yesterday - sorry that some were let down when no rain came. Did anyone realise what was different? ;)
What was the difference?

Q 12th i did my pb for 0,006sec:D
R 12th along first laps a bit of battle with @Phil Shillitoe after this and until pit a bit alone then when i left pit Phil was front of me with about 13sec so I push hard for catch and when Im behind him @Martin F. pass me inside Ascari this cost me a place and Phil runs forward 6sec we are at 10mins to end so again push maybe in last laps or final lap big fight with Phil but him lost a car at Lesmo so easy pass and finished last laps.

Congratulations Christian, Dino, Artyom and like always All us

C U at Singapur

PS Thanks for your effort Peter;)

Last edited:
We'll considering in every practice start I got nudged, whacked and damaged! I was happy and relieved to complete lap 1 completely unscathed.!:) For once I was confident for a high top 10 finish........until all on my own I drifted off track following Heiko.:whistling:
After that, annoyed I had no one to race , I just watched the gap with being behind April of 7 secs coming down to 4 secs wrecking my front left tyre in the process. Deciding whether to pit, April did just that. Conserving my tyre while watching what the gap of 23 secs would do when April rejoined allowed me to decide to stay out and carry on managing the gap.
A little frustrated by my early mistake but happy with my setup and decision to stay out, albeit with 12% wear left.!!..:O_o:........'til next time.!:thumbsup:

Had a decent start as in all practice Starts so i could maintain my lead. After that a pushed for 3-4 Laps to get a bit of Gap like 3 Seconds which worked pretty good. After that i decided to manage it a bit and just get the Race going on, maybe the wrong decision if i think back now. Wasn't sure if i should stop or not. So i stopped at the half point of the Race and Dino stayed out. So i had a Gap of 21 Seconds to gain in the 2nd half of the Race. From that point of the Race i did 20 Qualifying Laps in a row to catch up to him which worked out right on the final Lap where i could make a nice move into the second chicane. If i look back now i think i should have stayed out or should have pushed a bit more on the first part of the Race.

But i have to say it wasn't easy to get really close to him in the final Laps as the dirty air is crazy...you lose so much Grip on the front. :O

Singapur is a cool track so i except a good Race there again ! Cu next week already! :)

Qualifying - 4th :)

Happy with that, still not completely back upto normal practise routine so very glad to be so high up the grid.

Race - 4th :)

Ended the way it started, had a completely crap start as usual with these and dropped a few positions, was making some mistakes early in the race that kept putting me back when I'd made up some ground again, spent a long time trying to gain on Tim then Peter and Simon and lastly Artyom, managed to get by the group through incident or their mistakes it deffo wasn't because I was much faster, we were all very close in pace and once it settled down again gaps didnt change much until the end when I made another mistake and lost 5 seconds to the chasers, finished in 4th around 30 seconds behind the leader.

sorry for the incident with Peter :(, grats to all finishers and to Christian, Dino and Artyom for the podium places ;), also big thanks to Peter who again saves the day with great server skills :thumbsup:

see you all at Singapore :D

Last edited:
Had a pretty good qualifying compared to last week. Nearly 2.5sec quicker without extra practice. Maybe the race should have been postponed 2 weeks :rolleyes:

Had a good start as always in these cars. Could collect David and give Peter some pressure until Lesmo II. Then he extended his gap in the next laps and i had to defend a bit against my followers. After all quieten down a bit Peter made a mistake in Ascari and i gained P3. He followed me pretty close for the next laps until nearly half way through i made in mistake in della roggia and spun. I needed to let the whole train of 4 cars behind me pass :(. Shortly after this i gained a spot because someone in front pitted. I could keep the gap to the guys in front relative constant and then David and Peter had their incident and i could catch Peter, but it was a close and scary pass at the exit of Ascari. More or less the rest of the race Peter followed me within 1-3sec. At the end i finished where i started at P5.

So no bad result for someone driving nearly no open wheelers the last time :D

Q 8th
Personal best, very happy with what I could achieve in that session.

R 8th
Great battle in the beginning with some (Artyom, April, even David). After that it was a most lonely race, but intense on the concentration part, since I had to nurse my tires to last the whole race. It was easy in the end, because of the rubberred track (thanks to Peter's superadmin skills :thumbsup:), and because I didn't have to fight behind someone. In the final laps I couldn't resist Tim who was quicker and had fresher tires. If only I hadn't lose a few seconds in lap 13 I probably could have resisted to the end.
Anyway great race for me, sounds promising for the coming races, and congratulations to podium and especially Christian who had an amazing pace.
A big thanks also to Peter who was able to fix all the issues we had. Fixing grid & rubber while starting from the second row shouldn't have been simple.:thumbsup:

Q: Much better than last time. But on my final lap I screwed up ascari with about a tenth up, so not quite the optimum.

R: Start was nice as I could hold the position, but overall I lost a bit too much on the first half of the race to Christian.

Afterwards I got an unexpected chance because he went to the pits.
I tried to drive my best in the second half of the race, but overall too much stuff happened that costed me too much time:
First I made a mistake at lesmo2, later during the lappings, I suspect Vale didn't see me, as I was stuck behind him for an entire lap and a bit later someone lost his car at turn2 blocking the track.

After the last one it was clear it wasn't going to be enough to win this. I still tried everything and almost got saved by the excessive dirty air :D ,but the last lap was one too much.

Well done to Christian and the others, cya next time :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back