Season 13 Race 1 MONZA - INCIDENT REPORT

1 incident to report.

vale was invisible to me, for a whole lap i could see lock up puffs of smoke ahead and the blue dot on the map, i couldnt pin point exactly where he was, on the main straight i tried to find him by looking for slipstream, i found him in the middle of the track so stayed there and broke a bit earlier, i hoped vale would see me and leave space but he was probably unsure as to what i was doing unaware that he was invisible to me, anyhoo i ran right up the back of him, my front end went up in the air, i then went round t1 and we collided again in t2 lol i tell you its bloody hard racing against the invisible man.

how to avoid : vale should give harry potter his cloak back :laugh:

p.s dunno why this happened, only thing i added was daniels skin, nothing has changed with vales and i can see him on replay, will put it down to a glitch, nowt else it can be.

Rettifilo chicane. I passed Kurt and we had contact. I thought I had passed him completely but he was closer than I assumed. It was probably my fault. I'm sorry, Kurt.

Bob Miley was invisible to me. I just saw the sparks when the floor hit the road. I could hear his engine when he came close, it was nerve-wracking. Sorry if I got in your way Bob.

I will check my replay later and complete the list of apologies.

Edit: I cut in front of April in Parabolica, I'm ashamed April, please forgive me.

Last edited:
Here's my take on your incident Vince and Julius.

Firstly Julius, I dont know if you were here at the time but the line you took on the start finish straight was a no-no, We had agreed in Season 11 that we would use that line during Qualifying laps only, During race that line is only to be used if defending a position. The reason we dont use it is that its an unnatural line and also a time gain, It makes it hard also for people to know if your defending or not, i.e have you had your 1 lane change?. No big deal here but just so as you know from now on, To be honest i dont even use that line in Qualifying anymore, Most just stick to the normal racing line. :thumbsup:

The incident itself.....

Julius was late on the brakes, A big factor could be slipstream effect and loss of downforce when tucking back in behind Vince in the braking phase, Vince could do nothing else on the entry to turn 1, Vince followed the line he takes on any other lap to turn 1, The late brake and contact isnt a huge incident and its obvious Julius didnt mean to hit Vince but here's where it changes.....

In turn 2 after the incident Julius your first thoughts should be to give the place back, I see no hint of a lift or brake or slow to wait for Vince?, Admittedly Vince's re-join and straight onto the racing line is a bit dubious but i feel Vince wouldve expected you to lift or brake to let him retake the racing line.

What id do diffrently in this situation is obviously Julius needs to be a bit more carefull braking into turn1, Which itself wasn't a huge incident, We've all had it happen, The rejoin by Vince could be a bit more measured, you could give a bit more room to see if Julius will wait or not.

The main part of this incident needs some explaining by Julius though to find his thoughts i.e Why didnt he wait? What was his thoughts on turn1? Did his thoughts here contribute to why he didnt wait?.

Last edited:
That's @Bob Miley there ahead. 100% my mistake, sorry about that. I let him rejoin ahead of me (seen at the end) but he slowed and pitted immediately, I assume with damage. Sorry about that. :redface:

No problem April, one of those things. Disappointing that it cost me over 40 seconds and I finished 30 seconds from 5th, but after the extra stop and time lost was happy with not being last.

I think the only reason this happened I was invisible like Valerio:roflmao:
I didn't think of that posibillity when I saw the video, but hopefully you are right. If you were visable I would say it was malicious/unacceptable (the second part of the incident).

Do we have any idea why we had some cases of invisable cars (eg. that David couldn't see Vale)?

The incident between Julius and Vince looks strange to me. Before doing any prejudge I'd really like to know Julius' point of view. Don't worry mate, no one get's killed for a mistake and it's a gentleman obligation to write something here, especially if you're involved in an incident. ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back