Season 12 Race 1 Istanbul Setup Thread

I think for me when we used the mmg f1 at 21s Istanbul being faster it was easier to have slight mistakes and still have good laps, with the f3000 being slower car than f1s its different to get the best laps everything has to be perfectly smooth and carry the maximum speed in turns to get the best laptimes. Still though 37s and 39/40s race fuel is pretty quick for f3000s.
My advice would just try and be smooth Dusko and try a higher gear at a few corners if you using Davids compared to his video your a gear lower, a lot of time it sounds faster lower gear but keeping those few mph in higher gear onto next straight makes time all way down it.:)

Here's some action from last time :thumbsup:

Yeah it's true! Nice point. It is definitely true as, again, i will mention the Championship in which i am driving, something like - professionally, they also are wondering why on some turns i used even 1st gear. One was even amazed of how i could even get back in 1st gear and right away take of without any slight movements on the rear. I use it for harder braking or entering in the corner, it's something i think it has to do with my style but you are definitely right there, and i agree, i will give it a go! I am at times very aggressive at times very smooth. I would like to post two videos now i hope you will watch them.

PS. Like David said, i need training, for sure i cannot come and do the times you do right away but the speed is there, so i hope i didn't offended someone when saying that 1 second down from the time i did was impossible.

Nice stuff although some passe's at Monaco could be considered banzia :) What is the rfactor mod ? Is it that rft ?

Styles do make a difference I tend to use throttle while braking a lot more than David for example I always use more fuel and I to prefer sometimes to use lower gear ratios with his setups and he vice versa with mine, maybe something you can play around with to make more to your preference.

The thing I seen in the videos was David's lowest speed was 84Mph t1 and you were 114/5 kph so quick calculation your slower 10/13 mph in comparison in that turn, keeping speed up is where you will gain the most time but you can use whatever gear you prefer really :thumbsup:

Yup, same question, is that RFT? It has VERY grippy tires (otherwise very well modeled and F1 tires are grippy IRL...).. From the top of my head, 2.3 vs 1.9 (tyre grip levels).

I like to use limiter to go thru corners too, it offers neutral acceleration and as such, has the highest overall grip. Less at the rear but since you can not accelerate any further, less demand too. But it also means that one gear is good for only one corner on the track ;) F1 also accelerates so fast that any tiny speed difference is negated super fast. F3000 and you will carry that speed difference all the way from Parabolica to Variante di Rettifilo. It's my problem too, carrying that speed thru, i'd rather have balance than pace. But i'm also naturally one of the slowest drivers PrestoGP has ever had, so...

There are good examples on that Sean-Tim-Reik video on how much room one needs to be prepared to give... And all this is not to hinder, we want to get you up to speed ASAP, this is kind of like new driver training. We have had few champions from other leagues with pretty varied results. Some stay, some go.. I'm sure your natural raw pace will come thru once the car and the game is more familiar.

Like i said, i am not even sure how much time i will have or in how many races i will show up therefore my determination would be less than half of what would be optimal, but i like to have fun, meet people, share experiences etc that's it, so for now i just hope to enter some event have fair and realistic racing with people who know how it is done. And i believe you guys enjoy that very good so far now.

After all fighting through with others will be a lot of fun, it doesn't matter if it is in front, middle or back

it would be preferable that if you sign up dusko that you can commit to as many races as possible, what keeps presto going so long is commitment from its drivers, if your able to make 75% of the races that would be good enough.

if you take onboard the advice from the guys here you will improve your speed and times, but youll also improve by time spent in the car, f3000 is a fairly easy to drive car once you get used to its traits, the biggest being keeping a degree of throttle on while braking, it always helps stabalise the car.

you obviously enjoy your racing, you have alot of potential in f3000, if you could commit yourself to most of the season it really would be worth having you in the league with us :)

Doing 1:41-42 on full racefuel, a bit better than i expected. Istanbul is pretty bumby and i 'm having most troubles in the slow corners, T4-5 and T13-14. Mostly it's about rhythm, i tend to press too hard T5 and T13 and then running out of road in the exits.. Taking them slower means better straihg-tline speed but somehow i lose more time taking the fastest route.. Well, everything was again much better on full tank than empty, so i'm good to go.

Maybe the second time ever i post my setup. It's from Davids base which is from somewhere.. Not a lot different, shows how two pretty different driving-styles can use relatively similar setups. Mine is more understeering but not so much that anyone couldn't drive like they want to drive. I did get awful bouncing in T8 that i manage to decrease somewhat without sacrificing any speed there. It still bounces but it's driveable (read: i can drive it now) ..

Attachments

• 001.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 225
1st laps of the season tonight slightly delayed start a bit like Red Bull :p, anyway using David's trying up and down clicks of wing will post edit tomorrow with more running, more setup's to help others if suit's there style :thumbsup:.

Edit: Here's my pb setup from more laps tonight, made from Davids :thumbsup:

Attachments

• sean q 1.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 216
Last edited:
great setup reik!

i managed to do a 1:38,4 with your setup which is 0,5 seconds faster then my previous best.

i feel really confident with your setup and can push without loosing it every second corner. it feels more stable for me maybe it suits my style more with less oversteer. i hope i can improve even more this evening.

see you on the server :thumbsup:

will have a try with yours tonight reik thanks :thumbsup:

what ive noticed here is that im liking a lot of oversteer for the first time ever, usually every setup i have is geared up towards understeer, i like turning in early and letting the car understeer towards the apex, here ive been needing the rear end to rotate more for corners like the uphill left onto the back straight, it does make the car more twitchy with throttle but its controllable, ive actually went from 17/18 to 17/15 and 16/14 and can do the same times so wing isnt overly important the balance you prefer between under and oversteer is, the more i drive these at diffrent places im noticing my style adjust to the cars as apposed to me adjusting the car to suit my style, this season my setups will probably show that.

Well, haven't quite got the car how I want... I'll try those wings you've mentioned later tonight David, but I may just have to live with the car understeering more than I'd like. With a loose diff, aggressive rake, and steep caster angle, I'm just not getting the steady-state cornering behavior I'd like.

I've not tried tweaking the suspension balance much though. I've done my best to retain the 70%FRS the default setup has, mainly to make power delivery easier. But I may have to give that up, and try either 65% or 60% with tighter diff settings. But these are questions for round 2. No way am I changing this so early before a race.

See you this evening, gents :D I've wanted to race at Istanbul for ages now, so I can't wait :)

i had plans to try it last night reik but ended up thinking id be better not changing anything from what id been using for 2 weeks, like april ill experiment more for next round, too late in the day for me to make changes for this.

good luck all :D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back