SEASON 11 Race 9 HUNGARORING INCIDENT REPORT

Well, after having the wrong link for the track, which was posted in the calendar thread, and then having massive internet issues right after finishing the correct track installation, and then spending 15 minutes on the phone trying to get it fixed in time for the race, I get voted off on the server for no particular reason.

Feeling very annoyed :mad:

Sadly, one incident to report.

Fighting very closely with Anthony whom i mistakenly let pass when leader lapped me (you sneaky :ninja:... good timing :thumbsup: ) he went wide in the tight chicane. I followed him but couldn't stop in time. Tapped his rear end (hope for no damage, it was proper shunt) and he spun. Felt really stupid, it ruined my race. Hoping that it didn't affect his race too much, we were on different strategies and i can honestly say that i felt frustrated from both my mistake to let him pass and his skillful defense.

We were so long just meters apart that i was afraid something like this happened cause of lag but this had nothing to do with connection, only one person to blame and that's me.

what a race for me.

at first sry for smoking in quali. thought i could do two laps ... guess not :sick: second lap was fast though 4 tenth of my pb isnt that bad for quali.

over the race i had contact with a few cars before some corners but nothing to hard and all of them stood on track . sry for that.

BUT, one big incident with anthony. sry for that buddy. i probably should not have tried to overtake you in that position but i thought i have the inside line and from my cockpit perspective i thought i can pull it of. as we contacted it felt as if you had turned in to me. after seeing it from a different angle it was a quite an optimistic move from me and i could have avoided it. but i stil think you could have left a little bit more space. to clarify what it felt for me from my cockpit.

apart from that. THESE PITSTOPS ... maaaan i am soooo bad at those :) i definately have to practice these.

first pitstop: wrong pitsetup 85l instead of 56 ...didnt brake in time, had to correct, stalled the engine, couldnt get it running again and lost like 30s-60s .... what a bummer

second pitstop: handled to get the fuel down to 30. but forgot to choose fresh tires... didnt brake in time again, had to correct again and stalled again ... WHAT A BUMMER

third pitstop: yeah, i actually managed to get 4 fresh wheels without to much hustle one lap after the second pitstop, but by that time i was waaaaay behind in 19th place and just wanted to finish.

now the good things, actually the good thing ... I FINISHED!!!! :)

was fun guys :) nice community and i am glad that i can be part of it.

see you on track,
julius

I hit Nicolas in lap6 but think was a light contact inT5 , another hurt is a tiny hit with Anthony in last laps but think/hope no damage for all

PS dont worry Dewald you came on qualifications with nick name and for partecipate to the race is better do some lap on server for know the track in use :) mate I know you and i can say you that this place is good for you also, so join with us in last race A1Ring ;) dont forget you must do some lap on server:roflmao: and remember on server you can find some fresh good tips for setup meeting other drivers

No (race) incidents to report. ;)

Just felt very stupid in the end of the 3rd practice start, when I messed up the pit entry. I touched the outside curb too optimistic, spun and crashed into the building to finally block the road and cause confusion. Sorry guys. :rolleyes:

...and then spending 15 minutes on the phone trying to get it fixed in time for the race, I get voted off on the server for no particular reason.

Feeling very annoyed :mad:

As Valerio says, no offense mate. You entered with nickname so it could have been anyone unknown...

Guys, i have footage for most of what is report here, if you all agree, i will post a full content video, for no other reason but helping everyone. Than you guys will have what needed to argue. And i propose myself to be the moderator if things goes wild hahaha!! Nah that wont happen with good people like Presto :thumbsup:

Please agree this post if you'd like an incident video.

Steeve

Nicolas, I saw your car dissapear at some point, moving from 8th to 18th place, did you had some connection issues?
That was a nVidia freeze, a RACE07 bug it seems. It usually don't happen often in race, hopefully, and the black screen lasts 4-5 second, but that was a major one (more than 8 seconds I think). That totally changed my race since I had to overtake a lot of people afterwards and lost a lot of time, but it was fun.

BUT, one big incident with anthony. sry for that buddy. i probably should not have tried to overtake you in that position but i thought i have the inside line and from my cockpit perspective i thought i can pull it of. as we contacted it felt as if you had turned in to me. after seeing it from a different angle it was a quite an optimistic move from me and i could have avoided it. but i stil think you could have left a little bit more space. to clarify what it felt for me from my cockpit.

Thank you Julius for posting this video and i appreciate your positive attitude and your friendly way of analyzing this incident, it shows that you are the right type of person for this great league :thumbsup:

i am watching it now from the computer at work, i had to rush to work after the race and had no chance to watch the replay, and TBH with the way you were driving behind me it did not help but to think that you had hit me from behind and left without waiting and i left the server with that in mind. but now i have clearer picture of what had happened :thumbsup: ( my apology for having those unfriendly thoughts and did not wait to watch the replay first :( ) .

Just to clarify my part, i would have definitely left more room for you there if i knew you were coming , it never crossed my mind that you were going to try a pass on that particular location , i could not see your car but i could hear your engine close and i thought you were lining up close behind me in order to go for an attack right after the final turn ( i would have done so ) , so I stayed on my racing line and tried to have maximum grip on my way out , so when we had that contact it felt like if you were pushing a bit too much based on what you were doing 2 turns earlier if you know what i mean.

i was a but rusty today , but i am looking forwards for more fun in the coming race .

Anthony .

That was a nVidia freeze, a RACE07 bug it seems. It usually don't happen often in race, hopefully, and the black screen lasts 4-5 second, but that was a major one (more than 8 seconds I think). That totally changed my race since I had to overtake a lot of people afterwards and lost a lot of time, but it was fun.

I had a minifreeze too! About 2-3 seconds long black screen and looped audio, enough to start pressing esc but then screen came back and red lights were already lit. Started with ease but at first turn, i noticed game was extremely smooth (smoother than usually in T1..).

Guys, i have footage for most of what is report here, if you all agree, i will post a full content video, for no other reason but helping everyone. Than you guys will have what needed to argue. And i propose myself to be the moderator if things goes wild hahaha!! Nah that wont happen with good people like Presto :thumbsup:

Please agree this post if you'd like an incident video.

Steeve

I think it's a good idea, saves time.

SORRY Alex :(

in first lap turn 2, is was 100% my mistake!
i try to waiting for you ( check replay ) but ist was to much traffic in the starting lap :(
I hope your car was not damaged about this, and im glad for your finish the race :thumbsdown:

cu at next event :)
NP Bob! It's just racing.
It was really small mistake on braking from your side which sent me to last position.
But I could attack after this occasion. I managed to do many overtakes (I thought it was almost impossible on this track) and finally I had climbed up to 7th position, which was actually the highest place I could hope for (Nico in front of me was really faster, so no chance to catch him).

My incidents:
1) TS 141 L1 T2 - mentioned above with Bob Laube
2) TS 1014 L10 T5 - Valter Ostman. I'm not sure if it should be mentioned here. There was no contact. Valter made a mistake and went wide in T4, I tried to get outside before T5, Valter started to move to the left side, I also moved a bit left to avoid contact, my left wheels touched the grass and I spun. The only thing I can say after this is that I should not try to overtake there. But you know, when you see someone in front making mistake on a track like Hungaroring, it looks like the only chance for you to get ahead of him. And sometimes it looks more promising than it actually is :D
3) Too many wides on worn tyres. I don't feel I have gained any time, but I will try to avoid it in future just to stay within PrestoGP rules.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • More leagues

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 0 0.0%