1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Season 11 - Calendar and other details

Discussion in 'Presto GP' started by Nicolai Nicholson, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Race day details (UK-time):
    Practice: 7.00 pm - 8.00pm
    3x practice start: 8.00pm-8.07pm
    7 min open qualify: 8.08pm-8.15pm
    5 min warm-up: 8:15pm-8:20pm
    62 min race: 8.20pm-9.25pm
    Contemplation: 9.25pm-9.30pm

Fuel cons.: 1x
    Tyre wear: 2x
    Pit regulation: No pit speed limit
    Qualify: 7 min open session
    Weather: Changeable. Forcast will be given 1 week before race

Calendar:
    18-Sep - round 01 at Spa
    2-Oct - round 02 at Singapore
    16-Oct - round 03 at Suzuka
    23-Oct - round 04 at Monza
    6-Nov - round 05 at Abu Dhabi
    20-Nov - round 06 at Watkins Glen
    4-Dec - round 07 at Interlagos
    18-Dec - round 08 at Imola
    8-Jan - round 09 at Hungaroring
    22-Jan - round 10 at A1 Ring

Participants:
    01. Nicolai
    02. David
    03. Anthony
    04. Steeve
    05. Richard
    06. Kurt
    07. Dino
    08. Sean
    09. Nicolas
    10. Alberto
    11. Jim
    12. Reik
    13. Kennett
    14: Bob Laube
    15. Bob Luneski
    16. Alex Galyutin
    17. Valerio Vinassa
    18. Guus Verver
    19. Vincenzo
    20. Henrik Jordfald Olsen
    21. Peter
    22. Tim
    23. Valter

Last edited: Sep 15, 2013
    • Like Like x 14
  2. Yeah one first looking for the new season. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 4
  3. David Turnbull

David Turnbull
    PrestoGP Veteran

im all for one more season with race07 and f3000, i didnt think for a minute id enjoy it as much as i did so lets go with it again now that we're all used to it again it should make for some cracking races :thumbsup:

regards the calander, what about starting on the 14th of august with hungaroring? that would be the 10 tracks if you take into account the 3 that arent out for race07 which we'd need to replace.

Hungaroring - 14th August
    Spa - 28th August
    Monza - 11th September
    Singapore - 25th September
    A1 Ring - 9th October
    Suzuka - 16th October
    Imola - 30th October
    Abu Dhabi - 14th November
    Watkins Glen - 28th November
    Interlagos - 4th December

that would be my choice of calander with tracks everyone knew well and have been used before in presto.

• Like Like x 6
  4. Korea is fine to race, it's been tested, i can double check if needed. Its not 100% accurate but it's close enough. I really do like that track.

About India and USA, they might still appear as the races get closer.. But most of the good modders have left Race already so wouldn't count on those.. If someone finds them for another title, i can ask permission for conversion.

Season 11... I have to get new gear.. Really wouldn't like to miss another season.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Valerio Vinassa

Valerio Vinassa
    PrestoGP Veteran

nice for F3000 sure great fight like this season.
    every track is fine I have only a problem August is holiday time for family Im not at home:D
    Guaranteed if you decide to start at 14th Aug Im ok when I get back I join in race:)

welcome back Kennett;)

• Like Like x 4
  6. History shows that most or all Europeans are finished with summer holiday end of august/start of september. Is this correct? Would season start e.g. 28th of August be too early for some?

I follow your thought on Hungaroring David, getting one more track that fits the f1 calendar etc. But I am thinking 14th of August is too early to start considering "late" summer holidays many places in Europe.

• Like Like x 3
  7. I like Davids calender and Nicos start date:thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
  8. Sean Greenlaw

Sean Greenlaw
    PrestoGP Veteran

Im pretty easy on start dates so happy to go with anything decided :thumbsup: Davids calender does look pretty good mix of tracks would be nice if a better korea,a india or America popped up later to tho.

• Like Like x 2
  9. My dream has always been 100% attendance from all racers, so if we can find a calendar that suits all it would be perfect :)

To elabourate on David's calendar:

Spa - 28th August/4th of September
    Monza - 11th September
    Singapore - 25th September
    Hungaroring - 9th October
    Suzuka - 16th October
    Imola - 30th October
    Abu Dhabi - 14th November
    Watkins Glen - 28th November
    Interlagos - 4th December
    A1 Ring - 11th/18th December

The first and last round have optional dates, the point being that personally i would be flexible to maximise attendance.

I'm still with my old Logitech Momo. I know several have the g27, but it is quite expensive (but that you probably already know)

• Like Like x 5
  10. Valerio Vinassa

Valerio Vinassa
    PrestoGP Veteran

Im ok on 4th of September and a big maybe for 28th August because I start for my vacations in 2nd week of August and is just 3weeks until 31th out of work:) but guys i repeat no problem for me if season start before I join the server if I lost one race no problem, I will win all the rest:roflmao:

• Like Like x 3
  11. I like this calendar, even thought they are almost all new tracks for me, but i experienced this in season 10 and i discover many great tracks.

Thing is i will probably miss 1st and 2nd round, a lot depends on the wearther here. Hope to see you all sometimes on public servers in the off season!!!

Steeve

• Like Like x 2
  12. Take the Korea out and replace it with vote, one can't expect that everything works out smoothly when creating a new track. I'll rather let it go to a vote anyway when (and if) i manage to finish it in time. PS: There's always Cicada ;)

• Like Like x 2
  13. Valerio Vinassa

Valerio Vinassa
    PrestoGP Veteran

:D
    true Kennet but think that Nico is waiting that Eccleston stamp Cicada inside F1 official Calendar:roflmao:

Last edited: Sep 13, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Jim Hawley

Jim Hawley
    PrestoGP Veteran

Nico's new calendar looks good to me:)

I'm away early Aug this year so no problems there

Jim

• Like Like x 3
  15. Reik Major

Reik Major
    Premium Member

I'm fine with the calendar at all. The exact dates for starting and finishing the season don't matter for me.

But unfortunately I'm on a late holiday this year from 7th to 14th September, so I'll miss the event on the 11th. But I think it's a fair thing, because many other drivers most likely have 1 DNF per season due to technical and private stuff (I nearly never had in the past). So it's ok for me. ;)

PS: I'm looking forward to the Watkins Glen event - should be great fun as always.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Well if we start at 4th of September we can delay one week all next rounds and Reik is in at all.

Talking without knowing if someone have other constraints with the calendar.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Many of the rounds are timed to take place 3 days after the f1 race on the same track. I know many (including me) put value in that small detail. But I would rather do 2 races in 7 days with 100% attendance than 2 races in 14 days with 95% attendance.

This brings us to another topic that does not belong in this thread, but in that :)

• Like Like x 4
  18. It's really a small but important detail. Having the opportunity to watch our heroes perform and then maybe picking some tips for our race. It raises motivation a lot and you don't need to think about only one track at a time. Having say Istanbul on F1 weekend and Singapore at wednesday on PrestoGP... Doesn't have the same feeling..

• Like Like x 3
  19. David Turnbull

David Turnbull
    PrestoGP Veteran

new calender looks good nico :thumbsup:

i like that monza will be a bit further on seeing as weve done a sh*t load of spa and monza during the off season.

i also like contemplation time :D

• Like Like x 2