SEASON 10 Race 7 BAHRAIN INCIDENT REPORT

R: lap 32: I was driving behind Sean approaching turn 4 and was trying to get him into the inside of the turn. I tried to take the corner as narrow as I could (in 1st gear), so that he would have enough room too, but my rearend just stepped out when my front was settled, and I did touch Sean with my left rear-tyre.

I'm sorry Sean, I hope you see in the replay how that turn was meant to be taken by me with my rearend not loosing traction in the last moment ;(

Contact with Richard Hill :

I believe Richard needs to explain his low quality driving in the race today, within 4 laps i got hit 6 times, i lost my concentration and got very frustrated every time he hit me , finally when my car was damaged i lost control and he hit me again while i was out of control. i guess something needs to be done here as similar driving wont be accepted for remaining races.

- small contact at t1 with elizer after that , sorry Eli my car was not handling properly under braking.

- small touch with Valter at the final lap while we were fighting , very low grip under braking, i slowed down to allow valter regain his position , sorry m8, nice battle :thumbsup:

Too many incidents this time :(

TS: 249
What: Reik and Helder were battling in front of me at T1 and T2. In T2 Reik is forced outside the track, but re-enters right in front of me, driving from right to left through the whole width of the track forcing me out the track.
How to avoid: Helder should have given more room to Reik in T2. Reik should have re-entered by keeping his car on the right side of the track out of the driving line until gaining same speed as cars behind.

TS: 1879
What: My car started to slide sideways in T9 and I lost control sliding sideways until my car stopped sideways in the driving line in T10. Reik was following closely and hit me. I pushed throttle immediately after car stopped even though it had been safer to probably just wait to be sure nobody was coming.
How to avoid: In this case keeping the car stationary after the spin would probably not have stopped us from crashing, but it would have been safer nevertheless.

TS: 3365
What: Sean runs a bit wide in T1, and I steered my car to the inside to be able to challenge for T2 and T3. Our cars slightly touch, which sends Sean spinning. The spin is corrected by the second hit that occurs right after the first hit. After this I accelerate slowly to let Sean re-overtake me, but as my surprise the first car to emerge in my mirrors is Helder. I then decide to let cars go by one-by-one in safe places until the hit is compensated for Sean. I had no intention to try overtaking in that corner on that lap. The chance for overtaking emerged as Sean runs a bit wide and slows down a bit more than in previous laps.
How to avoid: The room where I was trying to fit my car was small, but in my opinion not impossible to use. Sean must have known that I was there after he ran a little wide in T1.

TS: 3398
What: Sean hits me from behind at T8 with a nasty move.

Too many incidents this time :(

TS: 249
What: Reik and Helder were battling in front of me at T1 and T2. In T2 Reik is forced outside the track, but re-enters right in front of me, driving from right to left through the whole width of the track forcing me out the track.
How to avoid: Helder should have given more room to Reik in T2. Reik should have re-entered by keeping his car on the right side of the track out of the driving line until gaining same speed as cars behind.

You're absolutely right. There was just too much things to think of at the same time, so I didn't recognize early enough how close you had come whilest we were battling through T1 and T2. It wouldn't have been a big deal to leave the outside line open. I just did't think of you. So sorry again. I should have taken it closer on purpose to be sure I wouldn't run off "anyone" who could be there.

Firstly Anthony I am really sorry non of it was intentional I can honestly say. For some reason I couldn't stop the car in the race as I had in practice which in practice I was using a higher fuel load and the handling I don't know why was all over the place locking up oversteer on exit (practice and quali it was fine). Everything in the race just kept getting worse and worse and today was a really bad day. The last contact I honestly didn't know I hit you on my comp it didn't show you on the track at all. I'm sorry for all of it wasn't ment at all.

One incident. Collided with Richard on lap one as shown in Anthony's video.
Analysis: I could have left more room on my inside. I had sufficient front grip in that situation and turned in a bit too much towards the race line to get maximum exit speed. I take the main responsibility for the hit. Sorry Richard, I hope you where unharmed. I'm just so spoiled by all the great drivers that have allowed me to share the racing line, wheel to wheel with them in so many battles over the years.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back