Season 10 - Fun races before season start

Any time anyone desires :)Iow feel free to take charge of it yourself, I'll open the needed servers and most likely join the race myself.

Ok. In that case, how about following pre-season calendar:

Test race 1 - 9th of January - Istanbul
Test race 2 - 16th of January - Brands Hatch/Nürburgring

I suggest the format of the 1st event is 2 x 22 minute races etc., because we have no time to make setups for long races in three days. The 2nd event might then be 67 minute race with pit stop(s)? Perhaps we should do 5-10 minute qualifying instead of superpole, because F3000 might be unfamiliar for most? Races held at the same time and schedule as official Presto races?

I would participate in that event if it can start 1 hour later than official presto races.And also if i'm allow to .... :)

I read most of the replies in this tread and as i am new to this game, every class would be fun for me to participate. So sad i wont be able to race at the usual prestogp events time :(

That said, my goal here is more to meet new people and have the chance to fight some of you somewhere sometimes on prestogp servers!!

Steeve

That said, my goal here is more to meet new people and have the chance to fight some of you somewhere sometimes on prestogp servers!!

That sounds good mate! So if you haven't allready done so, just sign up with your real name (must be ingame name too) to prestogp.com and drive some laps on the servers in the future. So you could meet us and compare your laptimes on the page.

Ok. In that case, how about following pre-season calendar:

Test race 1 - 9th of January - Istanbul
Test race 2 - 16th of January - Brands Hatch/Nürburgring

I suggest the format of the 1st event is 2 x 22 minute races etc., because we have no time to make setups for long races in three days. The 2nd event might then be 67 minute race with pit stop(s)? Perhaps we should do 5-10 minute qualifying instead of superpole, because F3000 might be unfamiliar for most? Races held at the same time and schedule as official Presto races?

I can [and will] attend this week at Istanbul. It has been a very long time since I have driven the 'old girl'. Very much looking forward to taking her out for a ride. :cool:

My car skin : http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=12997

I would participate in that event if it can start 1 hour later than official presto races.And also if i'm allow to .... :)

Oh man, I'll try to make it to this event tomorrow, because I'm so curious. But I can't promise anything due to a late appointment.

Maybe we should consider starting this particular race a bit later in the evening? Seems that it will improve the chance of Reik and Steeve joining, and for me it is not a problem. I guess it depends on Marko, Peter and Valter and any other that consider joining.

Just to be clear:
Will the event schedule and rules be the same like the one from last season with the only difference that we'd have two 22 minutes races? (with reversed grid for race 2?)

So, if Peter and Valter agree to one hour later start, then schedule is normal PrestoGP schedule + 1 hour. Instead of one 67 minute race, we'll have 2x22 minute races. I support reversed grid for race 2, what do others say, ok?

Earlier I suggested simple 5-10 minute qualifying instead of superpole, what do you think about that? With 5 minute qualifying you could have one attempt with one warm-up lap and two hotlaps, is that enough for us for this event? Another thing is pit stops. I think we could forget mandatory pit stop in this event, but try it next Wednesday? Otherwise rules could be same as last season?

[Starting an hour later] I'm not certain about what time I may stay until tomorrow. Doesn't matter for only me though so please, organize yourselves around what suits the majority; which appears to be starting an hour latter than is usual for a PrestoGP event.

I'll be there for some practice early on and hopefully race 1 and maybe 2 depending upon when I am required elsewhere. I haven't practiced, practiced, practiced, or even practiced, for the event and so I am not going to be disappointed by 'missing out'. :)

P.S. If memory serves, Engine Radiator Duct minimum of 2 to reduce incidents of the smoking engine;)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.