Hello, first of all i should point out that i'm completely new to AC, so i'm sorry for any dumb question :).
So basically i'm doing a research about autonomous cars and more specifically, about simulators.
I looked through the python AC documentation and i found the function to get the state of the vehicle, values such as throttle pedal position, brake pedal position, steering angle etc...
Is there a way to SET those values with an external script?
And i mean ANY way, so not just apps.

Thanks.

Hello, first of all i should point out that i'm completely new to AC, so i'm sorry for any dumb question :).
So basically i'm doing a research about autonomous cars and more specifically, about simulators.
I looked through the python AC documentation and i found the function to get the state of the vehicle, values such as throttle pedal position, brake pedal position, steering angle etc...
Is there a way to SET those values with an external script?
And i mean ANY way, so not just apps.

Thanks.
With pedals and a steering wheel:D
I think you should ask @Esotic

Yup, something like Joy2Key could be used to send commands to AC, but all the code I've seen has been for sending singular key commands, or a short string of key commands, not a continuous string of key commands to control the vehicle.

There's nothing in the AC documentation that allows for setting things like throttle, gas, clutch, etc. Those are all read only.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back