• You don't get fast in order to take part in club races, you take part in club races to get fast!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

Screen tearing issues all of a sudden - Advice?

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Aaron Markham, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Aaron Markham

Aaron Markham

Ratings:
    +36
    Not sure what is going on. I have a 4GB Asus GTX 970 Strix running triple monitors (60hz refresh rate) & Windows 10. The two main racing sims I play are AMS & R3E. I've had this setup since 2015 & never had any screen tearing issues. A few days ago I noticed two horizontal tear lines spanning across all three monitors in AMS & R3E. It only happens when I'm racing or watching a replay. There is no tearing on the menu screens. I do not use VSync because of the input lag but I limit my framerate to 60fps using EVGA PrecisionX. No drivers or settings have been updated. Any ideas? Is my video card beginning to go bad?

2. Jeremy Ford

Jeremy Ford

Ratings:
    +27
    Do you overclock the GPU?

3. Nevini

Nevini

Ratings:
    +39
    Maybe Windows 10 Anniversary update?
    I ask as I had the update only 3 weeks ago and the xbox app was running a screen grab on my games.
    Make sure in xbox app, settings that gaveDVR is stopped.

4. Aaron Markham

Aaron Markham

Ratings:
    +36
    Yes I do. My card is not overheating & I have no artifacts appearing on the screens. I tried it with the stock settings & still have the issue.

I will check into that. I'm pretty sure I uninstalled the Xbox app in Windows 10 since I don't have a console system.