SC2 wheel - wireless or USB?

I guess I'm now set for a SC2 (Sport) instead of a Fanatec DD. As I'm missing any opportunity for real-life testing both systems, I have to go with theory. Those theoretical reasons are:
- Slightly better reviews
- Less software stuff to play around (see Fanatec EBM-software-update instructions)
- More manufacturers involved. If a component breaks, it can be replaced (possibly from another manufacturer). I understand that others will see it differently, e.g. "everything from one hand". To me the SC2 environment remains a little more "open".
- Martin Ascher's response to a compatibility question I raised. Incredible. This is where I want to put my money.

Anyway, now we get to the next question: Wireless or USB wheel? The old man inside of me says USB because you can't replace a real cable (just by a better cable of course:)). There seem to be very few stories about ACTUAL shifting problems and weak connections. But few > zero. On the other hand I don't want a cable dangling that actually is not needed.

Does anyone have experience with both connection systems? Any real risk involved with wireless?

I have a SC2 Sport with Ascher USB large version, with seperate OMP superquadro wheel.

The wireless solution for SC with Ascher is a little eco system, like Fanatec.
The USB version is a stand alone device. That was my reason to go USB.

All my sim devices are separately connected and can be replaced/added/removed without affecting each other.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea