• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Save Extractor 1.1

Facilitates MM save-game editing.

1. Robert Eady

Robert Eady

Ratings:
    +17
    Robert Eady submitted a new resource:

Save Extractor - Facilitates MM save-game editing.

Read more about this resource...

• Like Like x 2
  2. TheFlamingRed

TheFlamingRed

Ratings:
    +131
    Wow, well done

:) know what I'm exploring Monday!

3. Robert Eady

Robert Eady

Ratings:
    +17
    Obviously editing is a bit of a pain with such a huge file, but you can make reasonable progress by just searching for names of stuff.

It's also quite easy to edit some usually hard coded values, for example the game speed (just search for speedMultipliers)

At some point I will add some better error checking, but it should function just fine. I'm not sure how big save files can grow so it may be necessary to make a 64-bit build...

4. TheFlamingRed

TheFlamingRed

Ratings:
    +131
    Speed multipliers are taken directly from the main dll... so it really shouldn't be something that needs saving.. that saying, the core min zoom value seems to be being read from the save file rather then the dll (it's really odd)

How much redundant stuff is there being saved?

Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
  5. Vikz

Vikz

Ratings:
    +0
    I unpacked my save file and made some changes to the json file using your recommended text editor - Sublime, but when I repack it, I can't seem to load the save in Motorsports Manager. On the load screen, it says Save File: Corrupt and the load button is greyed out. Any idea why?

6. Robert Eady

Robert Eady

Ratings:
    +17
    Probably a lot. It seems that the game basically dumps its entire state into the save file so that includes a lot of hardcoded data.

Odd. What happens if you just unpack and repack to a new save file, without making any edits?

If you send me the original and corrupted saves I'll take a look.

7. Robert Eady

Robert Eady

Ratings:
    +17
    Ah, never mind, I've found and fixed the bug. Please download v1.1 :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Vikz

Vikz

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Robert. The new version 1.1 works fine if I unpack and repack without making any edits to the JSON file. When I do edit it, the save file does not show up as corrupted, it loads almost completely, but just before its fully loaded, I get a message which says "Save file failed to load, please contact Sega, etc". Must be my edits causing the problem, I'll work that out. Your editor works great now, much appreciated.

9. Robert Eady

Robert Eady

Ratings:
    +17
    Interesting. Try making some more minor changes and if it still doesn't work I'm happy to have a look for you.

All I've tried was editing some colours, weather values, simple things like that. But it's probably quite easy to screw up the game state.

10. Vikz

Vikz

Ratings:
    +0
    I was trying to use your save game extractor to fix my Engineer's known components which kept going missing when I saved and exited the game and then reloaded it.

As you suggested, I tried making a single change, packed the save and it loaded up without a problem. Edited the save file again with a single change and packed and it loaded up too, so your extractor works brilliantly! Thank you.

11. Maurits Vernel

Maurits Vernel

Ratings:
    +13
    Is it possible to edit driver and team contracts with this?

12. shadow28

shadow28

Ratings:
    +3
    Yes it is.i done it.I edit sponsors wages,contracts too and works fine

13. StangMan04

StangMan04

Ratings:
    +0
    Can you edit drivers,mechanic or lead designer attributes? If so where? Would be nice if there was a application to make that easier. Hard to find anything with so much data.

14. Robert Eady

Robert Eady

Ratings:
    +17
    I'm afraid I don't have the time or inclination to make an editor. The best advice I can give is to search for the names of the people of interest and look for nearby data of the sort you want to change. For example driver attributes can be found under "mStats": { ... }.

Unfortunately the structure is a bit crazy, because the information for each entity is included once at the first relevant point, rather than in a nice logical hierarchy. I think it would be quite difficult to do anything about that.

Oh, and the game doesn't keep much state about previous seasons, so it makes life easier if you edit saves from early in a season - the file is a lot smaller and less cluttered with history info.

15. Falko

Falko

Ratings:
    +1
    Would it be possible to automate changes or grab specific data without user input from the JSON files, or is too random?
    I have a few ideas i would like to try with it.

16. Beynasuh

Beynasuh

Ratings:
    +28
    This way it looks more managable, but how does a 3-5 MB file get 300-400MB? :O_o:
    Looks More Managable.jpg

17. Robert Eady

Robert Eady

Ratings:
    +17
    The save files are compressed. If you look in the JSON, there is so much duplication of property names and so on (plus indentation to make it readable) that a huge compression ratio is possible.

18. Robert Eady

Robert Eady

Ratings:
    +17
    It would definitely be possible, just rather tricky (and prone to breaking when the game is updated). But do share have any particular ideas you have.

19. Bravado

Bravado

Ratings:
    +0
    I can't see my edits in my savegame. I have change all the championship names to Formula 1, Formula 2 and GP3, pack the files and load my savegame. But when I look, the championship names are still World Motorsport Championship and European Series. What going wrong?

And how do I change the drivers and team contracts? I am in season 2 now and Jenson Button drivers in the Formula 2. How do I change his team?

20. Maurits Vernel

Maurits Vernel

Ratings:
    +13
    Got the same question. And how can I swap my manager from one team to another team?