1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

save driver position

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by paul willingham, Apr 25, 2017.

1. paul willingham

paul willingham

Ratings:
    +10
    why does this game not save my driving position in vr, im using the oculus rift cv1

Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
  2. Ceolmor

Ceolmor
    Premium

Ratings:
    +3
    I'm using the Rift also, and it does save my driving position. How are you trying to save your position?

3. paul willingham

paul willingham

Ratings:
    +10
    i get 3 options save, save to ini and something else no matter what one i select it never saves it and i have to reconfigure every race which is really annoying

4. Ceolmor

Ceolmor
    Premium

Ratings:
    +3
    Are you using the in-car "Onboard Settings" app? Mine only has one option, 'Save.' Are you centering the VR before you establish the driving position and save it? Are you centering the VR again, when you go back into the car?

5. paul willingham

paul willingham

Ratings:
    +10
    see image

Attached Files:

6. Ceolmor

Ceolmor
    Premium

Ratings:
    +3
    Oh. That's different to mine. I just have 'Save' 'Reset' and 'Auto Pos'

Are you on the latest AC version v1.13 through Steam? I don't recognise that car. Is it a mod? Does save work on AC official cars?

7. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright
    I may not be fast, but I'm wide! Premium

Ratings:
    +1,543
    Some cars seem to have extra options there. But just clicking the "Save" button should always save your seating position.

8. paul willingham

paul willingham

Ratings:
    +10
    it is a mod car and i am on the latest version

9. Ceolmor

Ceolmor
    Premium

Ratings:
    +3
    For some reason for Paul it doesn't. Any idea why, as I'm afraid I don't know?

10. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright

Ratings:
    +1,543
    No idea, it's always worked for me in Kunos cars and AC cars. I've also never used VR so I'm not sure how that affects things. We don't have much info to work with though, for all I know it could be a bug in the Atom which AFAIK isn't a "legit" mod so there's no telling what works on it and what doesn't. But that being said I've never had any car where hitting the "save" button didn't save the seating position. @paul willingham does this happen on all cars or only on the Atom? Have you tried doing an integrity check?

11. Ryno917

Ryno917

Ratings:
    +208
    I've never seen those options in any car, either. Is it possible you have an app that modifies the default app in some way?

12. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright

Ratings:
    +1,543
    I've seen it before but only on mod cars I believe. It's rare though.

13. Ryno917

Ryno917

Ratings:
    +208
    Something that be worth trying if for nothing else than just additional data on the problem - maybe try disabling VR and testing to see if you can properly save the position that way? If it works, then it's something to do with AC's handling of VR. If it doesn't, then its likely something to do with the way the mod car is set up.

• Like Like x 1
  14. aphidgod

aphidgod
    Premium

Ratings:
    +910
    I'd have to double check this, but I think the save ini button is there if the ini files are exposed in the data folder and not there if there is an encrypted data.acd file instead. Either way the save ini button is quite normal.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Steve Bernstein

Steve Bernstein

Ratings:
    +2
    Not sure if you're having the same problem as me, but when I used the sidekick app, I lost the ability to save driver/app positions, etc. try disabling the app and see if it helps. I already reported it to the author (too bad for me - it's an amazing app) but we couldn't figure out how to resolve the prob.

16. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright

Ratings:
    +1,543
    Weird, I use Sidekick and don't have any problems with saving my seating position.

17. Ryno917

Ryno917

Ratings:
    +208
    That's bizarre, I use sidekick as well and have no issues. Shame, it's a great little app.