save driver position

Are you using the in-car "Onboard Settings" app? Mine only has one option, 'Save.' Are you centering the VR before you establish the driving position and save it? Are you centering the VR again, when you go back into the car?

see image

Attachments

• acs 2017-04-26 14-47-19-00.jpg
    acs 2017-04-26 14-47-19-00.jpg
    259.2 KB · Views: 1,177
Oh. That's different to mine. I just have 'Save' 'Reset' and 'Auto Pos'

Are you on the latest AC version v1.13 through Steam? I don't recognise that car. Is it a mod? Does save work on AC official cars?

For some reason for Paul it doesn't. Any idea why, as I'm afraid I don't know?

No idea, it's always worked for me in Kunos cars and AC cars. I've also never used VR so I'm not sure how that affects things. We don't have much info to work with though, for all I know it could be a bug in the Atom which AFAIK isn't a "legit" mod so there's no telling what works on it and what doesn't. But that being said I've never had any car where hitting the "save" button didn't save the seating position. @paul willingham does this happen on all cars or only on the Atom? Have you tried doing an integrity check?

Something that be worth trying if for nothing else than just additional data on the problem - maybe try disabling VR and testing to see if you can properly save the position that way? If it works, then it's something to do with AC's handling of VR. If it doesn't, then its likely something to do with the way the mod car is set up.

I'd have to double check this, but I think the save ini button is there if the ini files are exposed in the data folder and not there if there is an encrypted data.acd file instead. Either way the save ini button is quite normal.

Not sure if you're having the same problem as me, but when I used the sidekick app, I lost the ability to save driver/app positions, etc. try disabling the app and see if it helps. I already reported it to the author (too bad for me - it's an amazing app) but we couldn't figure out how to resolve the prob.

Mate, I think I can help you.
The driver position is saved into the driver3d.ini file, within the DATA folder.
Now, DATA may be compressed (data.asd, as in kunos files) or it may be a simple folder.
If the DATA files are extracted to a folder, the driver position app will give you the option to save the position of the car you are adjusting, individually.
If you are using a car with data.asd compressed file, the option to save the position will be applied globally to all cars.

All in all, the best option is to:
A) save a general position for kunos cars, to never be touched again.
B) go individually into each car with data folder, using the save to CAR.INI, that will affect only that car in particular.

Remember, each time you save a driver position without the CAR.INI method, you are affecting all cars.
Hope that helped.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back