Sauber respond to Van Der Garde legal action

It's all about the prestige to the name. Guido will never struggle for money, none of these rich-boy pay drivers will. He doesn't care about winning in other series, he'd rather be a backmarker worth nothing in F1. It's not as if there is anything to lose in this approach. Daddy's already got him set for life. All it comes down to is being able to tell the girls in the night club ''I'm an F1 driver''

I like Guido, he seems a nice guy...But thats still the reality of his situation. Why should he care if he's a winner in a sports or Indy Car? He already won at life when he was born in to money.
Maybe you (or I) have some wires crossed, but Giedo wasn't exactly born in to the money. He is fortunate to have a father in law that has quite a bunch of cash and willing to back him through his racing career. But he's not the 'born into the money' rich-boy pay driver you picture him to be.

As a Sauber fan I really don't like how they handled the situation with either Van der Garde and Sutil. From the financial point of view I get they opted for Ericsson and Nasr, but having agreed a seat to (at least) Van der Garde months and months prior to the signing of Ericsson and Nasr it's not fair on Van der Garde and I think it's a good thing he is at least pursuing his legal right to a driving seat. However, getting your legal right is one thing, actually getting what you're owed in practice is a different matter. Therefore a financial settlement seems the only logical outcome.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back