Santander extends Ferrari sponsorship

Santander has extended its sponsorship with Ferrari for another three years, meaning the banking giant will continue to be a feature of the Ferrari livery until at least 2017.

The announcement was confirmed at Ferrari's F2012 launch with team principal Stefano Domenicali hailing the deal as 'very important' to the teams future.

"Well I'm very pleased to announce that today Santander has extended the partnership with us for three more years," Domenicali confirmed.

"That means that a very important group believes in what we're doing. And it's important in this environment where a lot of constructors have decided to get out of the sport to see that our company has very long-standing partners like Phillip Morris for example that always believe in us, and like Shell that has been with us for many years, and we're looking forward to work together for the future. One thing that I always repeat in front of my collaborators is the fact that we need to think we are very lucky to work in this environment."

Santander originally sponsored McLaren when Fernando Alonso joined the team, but switched their allegiance when the Spaniard moved to Ferrari in 2010, having left McLaren to return to Renault after 2007.

The Spanish bank continues to sponsor McLaren, albeit as a minor partner, given their significant presence in the UK.

source

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea