Same 6 guys for the next 3 years...

So with the contract Extensions, I guess we will be watching the same 6 guys at the front of the pack for the next 3 years. Sergio, Carlos, extended, and we know Charles, Lewis, and Max are not going anywhere. I think George is Mercedes long term guy now as well, and will change rolls if Lewis retires... Sooo, its going to be the same show every GP for sometime to come... just which one crosses the line first.

Will be intering to see if Hamilton gets his momentum and joy back to be on his peak again.
If he can't match Russell in the next races and gets even more frustrated as now i think it is highly possible that he will leave F1 at the end of this year.
If so, the question is who will be the 2nd AMG driver.
Ocon from Alpine? Was a former AMG Man, good no. 2 choice behind Russell. Alpine than could install Piastri beside Alonso to learn.
Nick de Vries? Good guy, parked in Formula e currently

Has it not been so throughout racing history, in any series? Even just "recent" history in F1 - in the late eighties McLaren won everything, then they faded and Williams had their turn at the top in the early nineties, Bennetton ruled for a while, then Ferrari, Red Bull, Mercedes. Who will be next? Easy - who's spending the most money.

There is an old adage in racing - "How fast can we go?"..."How much do you want to spend?" Even attempts to control costs are irrelevant; you cannot negate the experience of years of engineering and testing behind the largest teams. Newcomers have little chance unless they have a startling new innovation, which will only last one season before either being banned or being adopted by all other teams.

Sadly, drivers have less and less relevance. Sixty years ago it was considered the driver was 50% and the car was 50% of the equation. Consensus today is the driver is 20% and the car 80%. Thirty years ago Frank Williams stated he did not hire the best drivers because he wanted it known it was his cars, not the drivers, winning races.

I have good hope that McLaren and Alpine will join the party up front as well soon. Then we have 10 that can race for the victory.

Pretty epic.
the midfield seems further back than at the end of the previous regulations...

do you believe the cost limiting will make it easier for these teams to catch up to the top teams again?

if the top teams have less they will not be as far ahead.... the flip side is... only the lower teams are less efficient with the resources and will still not be able to catch up.

I think things may change as we go into the end of the season. Mercedes is a little of pace but competative. Red bull has had reliabilty problems, this oftem comes from having a powerfull car. You need to balance power with reliabity. Ferrari are good but make mistakes another risk from pushing car to the limit. So there is hope for mid pack as they are puting less stress on engine. The qualifying is set up in a way that those who drop out in Q1 are puting less strain as they don't get to Q2 or Q3. Unless they run more miles in pracice. I think the big 3 teams will hake penaltys for running more power units allowed and the mid and back of the pack will be inside the number of power units allowed. So the big teams will have harsh grid drops and have trafic to weave around in early stages. It may turn tables. But this is not spec racing and winners are not a lottery where you pull the drivers name out a hat. That is not how sports work.

So there is hope for mid pack as they are puting less stress on engine.
Haas and Alpha Tauri disagree with this :p

Overall I agree though!
Plus the teams further down will get more windtunnel time!
And we see that simulations can't do everything with the issues of the Mercedes.

Haas and Alpha Tauri disagree with this :p

Overall I agree though!
Plus the teams further down will get more windtunnel time!
And we see that simulations can't do everything with the issues of the Mercedes.
HASS has Kevin Magnussen at the wheel. And Alphatauri is a fast car. Alphaturi is a stong feeder team and probbly the strongest privateer on the grid. They may even beat Red Bull, As Red Bull have shown signs of reliability problems.

the midfield seems further back than at the end of the previous regulations...

do you believe the cost limiting will make it easier for these teams to catch up to the top teams again?

if the top teams have less they will not be as far ahead.... the flip side is... only the lower teams are less efficient with the resources and will still not be able to catch up.
The problem is the big teams have money and it is hard to control and regulate what they do with it. Deals will be made under the table and the FIA has to spy on the teams and catch them. Its like the comedey show THE OFFICE USA. The secetary uses white out to cover expenses and balance the books. Any money a team makes over cap should go to charity. The charity can sponsor team. And drivers can do promo stuff. Like Save the Children who sponsored Williams. Drivers can go to Africa and help the sick and starving. And it is good for Media. Te teams can help solve problems in Ukrane and help people escape the war.

Has it not been so throughout racing history, in any series? Even just "recent" history in F1 - in the late eighties McLaren won everything, then they faded and Williams had their turn at the top in the early nineties, Bennetton ruled for a while, then Ferrari, Red Bull, Mercedes. Who will be next? Easy - who's spending the most money.

There is an old adage in racing - "How fast can we go?"..."How much do you want to spend?" Even attempts to control costs are irrelevant; you cannot negate the experience of years of engineering and testing behind the largest teams. Newcomers have little chance unless they have a startling new innovation, which will only last one season before either being banned or being adopted by all other teams.

Sadly, drivers have less and less relevance. Sixty years ago it was considered the driver was 50% and the car was 50% of the equation. Consensus today is the driver is 20% and the car 80%. Thirty years ago Frank Williams stated he did not hire the best drivers because he wanted it known it was his cars, not the drivers, winning races.
This is true a driver wants the championship or wins poles or points ect. The team want a constructor tittle. Because it belongs to the team. Drivers espeshaly the older one's ask to much on salary. Senna set his last season at McLraren on a race by race basis. Gilles Villeneve sold it all to drive the Ferrari, The team funded itself.

I have good hope that McLaren and Alpine will join the party up front as well soon. Then we have 10 that can race for the victory.

Pretty epic.
They should do it . McLaren are a big team and i would to see them get to the former glory that they had in the 80's and 90's. Alpine i am not shore Alain Prost said in his book that he prefered English teams as they where less Political and more about performance. This is also a problem at Ferrari. The politics can make the team toxic.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back