S17 - General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
it would be if i could get it working lol ive tried everything i can think of so far and its working on live timing so im at a loss at the moment as to why its not showing up.

peter has kindly offered to host a practise server for us until race night.

thanks peter :thumbsup:

edit: found the problem the router has been restored to factory defaults, all port forwarding has been wiped, ill get adding it all again now and that should cure the problem, sorry for the hassle guys i dunno how this has happened.

Last edited:
I don't know if it updates automatically, because the car is pre installed with the game it might be that you need to subscribe to the workshop item in order for it to update
You can check thought when you go to the Content Tab in the rFactor 2 Launcher and look for FormulaRenault_35_2014. The latest version is 1.6.
It would be interesting to know if you also have the latest version, because on the Studio 397 forum a few other people have said their FFB is strange now. For me it was like it was inverted.

I'll go online now and try it again.

Ok, so the server is running the old car version, I had both installed because I subscribed to the new content.

When I deleted the old version, I could no longer join the server. So I unsubscribed and deleted the new version to join the server and I think now everything is normal again.

So something needs to change on the server so we can have the new version working correctly.

Thanks for pointing this out! It sounds like best idea is to race with old version tonight and then decide if we want to try the new one. If the new one has apparent ffb problems, it feels like the upgraded tyre model isnt that important over working ffb :)

Well for me it was some bug probably, because the FFB was sort of inverted but I was still on the old car version.
Most people say the new FFB is better and only a hand full have complained. So maybe those few also have the bug like I had. Others said that the old Setups don't work any more and create strange feeling FFB, which is probably because of the unrealistic low tire pressure and soft suspension.

We will see, the updates are all coming on from studo397 and it's looking very good for rfactor 2 :).

I just tried the new version of the FR3,5 and will copy paste my post I made at the studio397 forum here.

First of all, make sure you have the correct version of the car selected.
When you join an online server it will most certainly be running the old version.

The new version is 1.6 and you need to subscribe to it from the workshop and then select the correct version in rFactor.
(You can notice that you are on the correct version, when you are still on DX9 the lights on the steering wheel will be very dim and on DX11 they shouldn't be that bright any more)

I just tried the new version on the Barcelona circuit and had a race there with the old version yesterday. So I have direct comparison.
What I noticed was that the in the Car Selection Tuning setup page you can now select the Roll Center.

Now regarding the FFB, it has changed slightly. (I have a t300 and optimal settings are now multiplier 1,33)
What is most noticeable for me is that when you go through fast corners, and your tires are overheating, your FFB will get lighter because you are loosing grip. This is very noticeable on the default setup, if you reduce the front and rear roll bar quite a lot you will have more grip and this effect will be less, since you have more grip.
The car now feels much more alive through slow corner sections where there is now downforce. Those corners used to be super tricky with this car because the steering FFB was almost 0.
Overall I like the update, it is now more noticeable when the car is starting to oversteer and it is much more enjoyable when there is no downforce pressing the car down.
For this quick run I used the default setup and only slightly softened the Roll Bars and increased the Caster to have more grip in the high speed corners.

ive read about this lack of low speed ffb but ive never actually had a problem with it myself, maybe im lucky and i dont need that extra feel or maybe i just dont notice it, anything that makes it more real is welcome though.

i think we will leave it for a week or so and see if anything crops up with it, if its all good and no serious problems for anyone then we will most likely move to the new version, but keep practising with the older version for the moment :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back