S15 General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I should add to this...

I was the one who brought it up but I am a little biased in that the new calender means I will miss Imola. Ideally I would like to reward those who get in the points in all 10 races, but in reality even those of us that make every effort to be there every race have things come up. Aprils analysis is comforting in that dropping 1 race is unlikely to have a big effect on the final places. It will help maintain motivation for those of us who have to miss a race or just have a bad day.

I'm in favour of dropping 1 race.

Heh, some things never change, i remember having this discussion on season 11 or something :) just dropped in to say hi, not planning on joining, allthou, my simrace left feet really itches to get back on action ;) Really miss racing.

I'm now in a larger game dev team, merging soon with one existing studio.. So we are soon a legit indie studio. We got one major game in pre-production, procedural, modular universe engine, seamless transition from pikometer to observable universe and then some, when finished it's going to be most detailed and vast universe simulation to date. And we can connect any game we make in to it, whether it's FPS or racing.. There are couple of mobile games planned, started the research on the one that is going to be set on my very own solar system ;) It's a pod-racer, far from a simulator but it does use real life physics ;) So i get one kind of racing but not the right kind.

Hope to get my upgrades and new wheel, it's up there on my list. Then i'll show you whos king.. ... who am i kidding, i'll be very happy at the back, just as long i get to drive in PrestoGP again :)

edit: oh, what brought me here, FB reminded that this page exist and need a cover photo. I cleaned up the old posts from Race07 era (they were all mine, lol...). If anyone wants to take control of it.. https://www.facebook.com/Prestogp

Last edited:
Here is the updated Avid Sports logo
Logo2015WIPSports.png

Attachments

• Logo2015WIPSportsHD.png
    Logo2015WIPSportsHD.png
    299.7 KB · Views: 157
Thanks David :)

Another thing for when we use FSR-tracks:
Can we please use the lowest Full-Course Rubber preset that they provide as a starting point for our practice servers in the future?

Now that there is a 25% preset I think that this is a resonable starting point which is not saturated too early.
It has 2 advantages: 1) track is not starting on green and 2) grip-level off the racing-line is more reasonable.

Heh, some things never change, i remember having this discussion on season 11 or something :) just dropped in to say hi, not planning on joining, allthou, my simrace left feet really itches to get back on action ;) Really miss racing.

I'm now in a larger game dev team, merging soon with one existing studio.. So we are soon a legit indie studio. We got one major game in pre-production, procedural, modular universe engine, seamless transition from pikometer to observable universe and then some, when finished it's going to be most detailed and vast universe simulation to date. And we can connect any game we make in to it, whether it's FPS or racing.. There are couple of mobile games planned, started the research on the one that is going to be set on my very own solar system ;) It's a pod-racer, far from a simulator but it does use real life physics ;) So i get one kind of racing but not the right kind.

Hope to get my upgrades and new wheel, it's up there on my list. Then i'll show you whos king.. ... who am i kidding, i'll be very happy at the back, just as long i get to drive in PrestoGP again :)

edit: oh, what brought me here, FB reminded that this page exist and need a cover photo. I cleaned up the old posts from Race07 era (they were all mine, lol...). If anyone wants to take control of it.. https://www.facebook.com/Prestogp
do you want me to take care of it Kennett?

Hi guys, unfortunately I have to work late into Wednesday evening, so I'll be AWOL I'm afraid. I was really looking forward to the track/combo too, but it's out of my hands - see you all at Japan - apologies.

Thanks David :)

Another thing for when we use FSR-tracks:
Can we please use the lowest Full-Course Rubber preset that they provide as a starting point for our practice servers in the future?

Now that there is a 25% preset I think that this is a resonable starting point which is not saturated too early.
It has 2 advantages: 1) track is not starting on green and 2) grip-level off the racing-line is more reasonable.

What do those presets mean? Now it is at 50 and the track has no marks at all and feels really slippery to me at least. Should there be black lines as usual or how are those presets working?

noticed that myself Peter, with 50pct set the track when at the start is very slippery, I'm happy to leave the practise server at 50pct but on race nights the practise session will always start green and we build rubber as we go.

What do those presets mean? Now it is at 50 and the track has no marks at all and feels really slippery to me at least. Should there be black lines as usual or how are those presets working?

50 means that the track is completely covered with 50% of the maximum rubber. There is no racing line at this moment since the entire track has the same amount of rubber on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back