1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S1 - 2011 Road/Oval Events - Full Track Listing by Event

Discussion in 'iRacing' started by Derek Speare, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Derek Speare

Derek Speare
    DSD FTW!

Here you go gang, just like I promised. I took this information from the post made from iRacing about our newest schedule. I organized it weekly so you can see at a glance where you'll be racing:

[​IMG]

Track Codes:

[​IMG]

See you on the track ;)

Derek

[​IMG]

Here's the Oval:

[​IMG]

Derek

2. Very nice Derek.

3. hrmm, some nice changes for the series i run mostly. Grand AM and Vettes. Tho i may try mustangs this season as well. Keep finishing 2nd in grand ams lol.

4. Nice work Derek, many thanks. So much to drive so little time to do it - ahhhhhhhhhh!

I do like the look of the SRF/Solstice schedule with the variations at Silverstone

5. Derek Speare

Derek Speare
    DSD FTW!

I thought that was a good addition to the Solstice/SRF series. :)

d

6. It kind of makes me wonder why we "voted" for the mustang schedule as it is not respected at all...
    Being forced to buy the Jetta to use it on tracks I have already just sucks...
    Might not participate at all to the MX5 D class... Tying is supposed to be illegal in the US, just liek it is illegal in most developped contries, but iracing does not seem to care... :(
    Typically what I hate about iracing.

7. MX-5 D class??? Also what is Tying??? I don't guess I have heard of that before... I think that is cool that they are making a D class but I'm with you about having to buy other cars to race one. Sort of like the Grand Am stuff, if I want to race the DP I have to buy the Mustang as well.

8. Lars Strijdonck

Lars Strijdonck
    Six by nine. Forty two.

I think he means something like forced bundle sale, like being forced to by a windows license with your pc (had that being lawed out years back here)
    Though I can understand a bit what he means it's not really the same imo.

9. AH, ok that makes a lot more sense now... Thanks!

10. it is tying for people who for exemple bought a riley protype and who are forced to buy the mustang to keep on driving it.
    Same thing goes for the MX5 now...
    The buying cars and tracks thing is the whole concept of the game, it is clearly explained, so it's fine. But having to buy more stuff after you already bought something... not legal...

11. Glenn Petersen

Glenn Petersen
    Premium Member

You don't HAVE to buy. So there is no legality issues. Just do a different class.

12. It seems to me that iracing has seen the power of multiclass racing. I think we will see alot more of it, that's ok with me.

13. For the MX5 I understand it is debatable.
    For the Riley, it is purely illegal as I HAVE to buy the mustang otherwise I cannot use my car unless I pay more to host sessions...
    Tons of similar cases have been brought to court and ruled in favor of the plaignant.

14. Well, the Mustang was popular on it's own and lot of people had it, so for them buying the DP just meant that they could race in a different series. The way I see it is if someone was into tintops then chances are they would have brought the mustang when they got their D promotion. And as soon as they hit the C class I'm sure they would jump into the DP(it is a fun car), IMO. I can totally understand you when you say it sucks that you have to buy a car(VW) that you may not drive, just to play in a certain series. However I understand that it is in iracings best interest to keep it that way. Good luck with your lawsuit.

P.S. didn't you just buy the Mustang? You're half way there.

15. Derek Speare

Derek Speare
    DSD FTW!

I hope everyone is benefiting from the from the charts I posted :)

d

16. lol I have other things to than suying a company for 15$...
    I just pointed out that some stuff they do are not legal and COULD be suied (suited? sued? suyed? no indea how it's spelled and I am google lazy today :) ) as it's been done before with HP, microsoft...etc

17. I was just joking about the lawsuit Flavien, just messing around with you, no harm meant. I will say one more thing and after this I will leave it alone. The one thing that is different between iracing and the companies you mentioned is that iracing does not hold a monopoly on anything.

18. Thanks very much - just got my Class C Oval - already Class C Road 3.66 SR.

Just printed it to try to work out which tracks to get for the Truck - Daytona and Homestead look good buys as they are on the Grand Am schedule too. Already have Richmond (and Charlotte obviously).

Thanks.

19. Derek Speare

Derek Speare
    DSD FTW!

Glad to hear it's beneficial, Karl...I updated the original post to include a week by week overview of the events, and here it is too:

[​IMG]

Track Codes:

[​IMG]

See you on the track ;)

Derek

PS - Please, gentlemen, do not turn this thread I started for the benefit of information exchange into something with the potential of having it locked. I don't take threads off topic, and I'd kindly demand that this respect be reciprocated :)

20. Thanks Derek for taking the time to put all of this together the way you have. I appreciate it!