Ryan Seltzer Wins The RDGPC Championship By 2 Points!

19402457_957947534342727_1561699121_o.jpg

After a long, hard fight all season long, the championship has ended at a near tie on the top of our championship standings!

After 5 rounds, crazy races, double points and a whole range of emotions, Charles Baccio was outdone by Ryan Seltzer, with just 2 points separating the two drivers. Even though Seltzer was unable to get to the top step of the podium, he still stopped Baccio, who was not present at the final meeting of the season, from getting back to back RDGPC Championships.

Sherwin van der Sloot was not able to capitalize on the absent Baccio and after some connection issues, he brought home third in the championship just five points in front of the absent Dan Long. van der Sloot was able to get back into his machine, but after being placed over thirty laps off of the lead, he would not see the championship in his sight for the remainder of the evening.

An amazing jump up the order came from Joseph Wright, who was thirteenth in the championship heading into Indianapolis, but comes out the other end with a solid fifth position. Wright was a surprise this weekend, after moving his way up the order through the race, come pit stops, he saw himself in third. During the caution he was able to jump Oli McGown for second, and after the restart, saw him very easily speed past eventual race winner Shane Burke. After leading 11 laps, Wright was caught out upon the second to last race restart knocking him out of contention for the lead.

Matt Le Gallez finished his consistent season with Tom Watts, Steve Le Gallez and Allie Ferrie behind, all four drivers seperated by three points. The two Le Gallez', with such a consistent season for both of them, has meant their team takes the top of the standings in the Teams Championship, a position I don't think they were expecting at the start of the season. Aitor Sintes rounds out your top ten, and all of these drivers will be given the opportunity to get straight onto the grid next season, bypassing the new qualification system which will be run.

An amazing run by Shane Burke to win the Indy 200, as he gets to claim a wonderful victory after 80 laps of racing, and even solidify 13th position in the championship, around 20 points of getting into the top ten himself. An amazing race was it too for Standa Sehnal who ran consistently to the finish line to take 2nd.

Ryan Seltzer came from 12th at the mid way point to take a podium away from Joseph Wright after the final green flag was waved, and even thought Wright was able to close up a second in the final few laps, it just wasn't enough to get past the American driver. Both congratulated each other at the conclusion of the race, showing that sportsmanship is a large portion of the racing in itself at RaceDepartment.

If you have missed the races this season, do not fear. You can watch all of them back on our YouTube channel!

Round 1 - Barber
Round 2 - Road America
Round 3 - Lautzring
Round 4 - Silverstone
Round 5 - Indianapolis

With the Championship at its close then, here are the Official Standings at the end of the hard fought season.
round 5 official.png

Bonus points have only just been added, meaning some absent drivers from round 6 have still gained points since round 5
round 5 official teams.png

Drivers will have a few months break before our next round of RaceDepartment leagues come around in September. With the top 10 automatically qualified for Season 6 of the RDGPC, the anticipation leading up to the announcement of the league will be huge for those hoping to get more involved in the championship fight.

What did you think of this season? Who was your biggest surprise of the season? Who was your driver of the season? Let us know in the comments!

Last edited:
Well done to Ryan on a great drive in the final round. If he's the type to suffer from nerves those last few laps must of been exhausting! :laugh:

The racing was superb and also well done to @Matt Le Gallez and @Steve Le Gallez on their top ten in the league and 1st in the Team Championship! :thumbsup:

A great final round and it's a slight shame the other rounds didn't go as well as this one. The constant yellows and incidents in the rest of the season I think upset a lot of the drivers and that's a pity. That's the way it goes sometimes.

Congrats to everyone who took part in all the rounds and well done for mastering probably the quickest league car we race on here :thumbsup::)

Finally to all the team at RD for a superb job as always :thumbsup:

Congrats @Slalom823, glad to see you as a champion! The win of regularity… It has to do with @Chark absence in the last round of course, congrats you too! That was close, you both gave lots of concern to Joseph for calculating the results! :roflmao:

Glad to see @Matt Le Gallez @Steve Le Gallez getting the team championship, well done guys! Great to read it comes from consistency too; I knew Steve has a lot, good to see your taking his footstep there Matt! :thumbsup:

The final was really great to watch, you all did a great show! Nice to see @Joseph Wright and my teammate @Otune up front! Too bad you got unlucky in the end Oli…

Well done to all people who took part: Andrew is right, that's certainly the fastest league we have here! Thanks to RD for organizing this. It went through despite all the problems, and it certainly worked well in the end so I'm looking forward a great show next September! :thumbsup:

Congratulations @Slalom823 on the Championship! I had no idea you were battling for the Championship when we were fighting for around 30 laps, I think on my screen we even banged wheels slightly. Congrats to the Le Gallez team on the Team championship :)

Hope to take part next season, see you all on the track :)

@Chark is the real mvp. Only two points short missing the double points round:D.

It's true though! While I won Charles did have a very dominate season in all races he joined.

And to think if I hadn't have brushed the wall and picked up damage in the final 5 laps, Ryan may never have got the third position that secured him a championship. (your welcome @Slalom823) :p

Well I guess a thank you is in order :).

For sure a driver that gives some chills when we see him in our mirrors!
Well that is quite the compliment!! Thank you.

It was a wild season, and while my original goal was to fight for the top spot after a few races it didn't seem very likely. I am glad I kept at it though and it was great fun and I appreciate all the work that everyone put into the series and a big thanks to Ferdinand @Tim O'Glock for being willing to coach me these past few months and Ross Bentley of speedsecrets.com for his help. I cannot say enough positive things about the online speed secrets 201 e-course and recommend it for serious racers. Thank you all and I look forward to future racing with RaceDepartment!

Thank you,
Ryan

Last edited:
In the end I learned that my name is pronouced like "ay tor" and not "iTor" which I expected to be pronouced in the streamings.

an interesting season, it made me discover my love for the indycar+oval combo. as long as the administration problems get addressed for the next one (which I can happily discuss in private, with total respect for everybody of course), I will be happy to attend it.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back