1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Runtime errors

Discussion in 'Automobilista' started by Boby Kim, Aug 28, 2016.

1. Boby Kim

Boby Kim
    There is no spoon... Premium Member

Just before the 1.0 release i did a full clean Win 7 64 bit installation. Win 7 is completely up to date incl all Vredist drivers.
    I de installed all previous AMS versions and removed all folders. Did a Ccleaner run afterwards and installed a fresh AMS 1.0
    Hardware: I7 4790K with 16 GB ram with a GTX 980ti. AMS installed on a SSD.
    Whatever car, track or combination i choose sooner or later i get a runtime error.

2. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz
    Premium Member

You have almost the same tread just below, with the answer. Not matter how good your machine and your system are, AMS is only a 32 bits app and will only use 3 Go of ram. With the game's models being more and more detailed, we are reaching the limit. Only way to reduce the load is to reduce the number of cars and/or some settings unfortunately...

3. Boby Kim

Boby Kim

Huh...sorry but i haven't had a single runtime error during the whole beta releases. Now i have gone from 0.988 to 1.0 and suddenly 32 bits is a problem?

4. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz
    Premium Member

Well, like as wrote, you're not the only one reporting runtime error since v1. And as far as I know, that means not enough memory; with your specs, it can't come from your machine… So yes, it is strange to have this appearing now but cars and tracks are more and more detailed; that means a bigger load and we might touch the upper limit now.
    I think Reiza is aware that this is happening, they have several people reporting it. But not sure what the plan is here; they already stated that doing a 64 bits AMS is out of the scope...

5. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk
    Reiza Studios Premium Member

What combinations exactly are you running?

6. 32 bits is indeed a problem if you run with a very large grid or mods that have ultra high-poly carmodels, which can take lots of RAM. When running something like 20 opponents and using the standard game content you sould be safe from the 3 GB limit.

7. Boby Kim

Boby Kim

Indeed, when tuning down the amount of AI drivers i receive no error during the start of the game. Strange as i really thought i ran 30 pack cars in the beta but probably im wrong.

Just did a test, no matter which car or track, as soon as i set a full pack of 33 AI cars the game quits with a runtime error. I tried the +trace=3 option in a shortcurt but the RaceCastTrace racelog is empty.
    Havent time to investigate and test further but so far reducing the amount of cars solves the Runtime error so i can actually start a race. I'll keep u posted

8. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk
    Reiza Studios Premium Member

On some series you can run 33 opponents, but not all. There is a different limit per different series...

• Like Like x 1