RSS GT Pack Real In-Game Names

Misc RSS GT Pack Real In-Game Names 6.01

Login or Register an account to download this content
Jens Roos submitted a new resource:

RSS GT Real In-Game Names - Changes to real names/brands/icons, both in GUI and optional in-game

This modification uses real names conversion and icons made by RufGTI for the first 5 cars, found in RSS GT1 - Real UI names.

Real names based on above package, I have added the option to stack the cars to the RSS brand or original car manufacturer and added the last car. All UI files is also based on the latest...

Read more about this resource...

Not sure what's going on. I will try a few more things and see of anyone else has issues.
Here is what I did.
Completely re-installed AC vanilla.
Installed the mod. Worked fine (with the generic names)
Installed v5 of your UI real names. Worked fine in the menu (saw the correct car names), but in race still the generic names (I'm good with this).
Installed CM/CSP/SOL (did not install anything else)
Went to race and suddenly all of the cars except the Lister showed up in the race with the correct name (CM changed something???)
Un-installed the RSS mod clean
Re-installed RSS mod
Installed your V6 ui real names mod.
Most of the cars still have the generic names
Installed your V6 data real names
Game will crash missing some LOD files when I launch.

Still not sure why after I posted here, installed CM all of a sudden I saw (most) cars on the track with the correct names.

Hard to tell whats going on, I'm not using CM or CSP but it should not behave different from any other cars acd file unless CM is buffering the old files. If you manually copy the data files you should have an confirmation to overwrite 6 files. Maybe someone else have an idea or same problem, would make it easier to find.

It's weird because CM seems to be doing something.. I know that in your readme it says it should not change the names when driving only in the UI.
However, with V5 that's what happened, until I installed CM and I started to see (some of) the real names when I drove.. just some.
With V6 I had the same thing as racinjoe where it didn't change any in the UI.. so I went back to V5..

Sorry to be a bugger.. just trying to help, but yes I think that CM is doing something strange, not sure what.

Either way, with V5 of your mod with RSS V6 it seems ok in the UI and that's really all I care about because when I look at race results they use the corrected names. In the race they are named wrong but I don't care I'm racing them not reading them :)

Which file from V5 did you install? I'm confused about the four versions included and what each one does. Well except for the one that reverts back to default. That one I get.

the ui zips change the name in the menus only, either sorted by car brand or rss brand.

the data zip change the name in-game as well, when in an race, practice etc

as mentioned, have not tried using cm to install so try copy the files manually and see if it helps.

both ui.json and data.acd should have yesterdays date when done correctly

I only used "rss_gt_ui_real_names_cars_brand_v6" but had to go back to V5 as it didn't fully change all of the names.

In either version V5 or V6, the file "rss_gt_data_real_names_Vx" is supposed to change the in game names but in my case it forced a pop up error message something like "can't find LOD" with a long path which almost looks like a double path.

This was not using cm.

So I have it working now for all of the cars. I do think you are correct that CM is doing something strange. It seems like it is trying to rename the cars in the game based on the UI names but struggles with some of them (the tornado for example).
The only way I was able to get these to work 100% is to rename the data.acd file in the destination to "data_acd.org" and move a fresh copy of your data.acd file over. This has worked for me, so I hope this helps.

Thanks again for your effort this is definitely a 5 star mod!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.