Resource icon

Skins RSS Formula Tyre config for Shaders Patch - Dynamic Lights 1.0600001

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hey Jach...FYI, you don't have to include the full content in the ini's. You can just include the TYRES_FX_CUSTOMTEXTURE parts and they will be combined with the car ini's that come in the shaders pack.

Also, since I'm assuming you are in the discord, check out the updates channel on the post for lights-patch-v0.1.23-preview5.zip. There was a texture set released with that one that has all textures for the acfl, and others that are set in the ini's that come with the shaders extension. The texture set is a mod so installs the same way as the main patch. It doesn't need any ini's since they are in the main shaders install already. You should talk to x4fab about combining your RSS textures with these and uncommenting/updating them in the main ini's. Then you could just distribute the texture set on here in the MODS form. That would make the install instructions much less complicated probably. What do you think?
You're right:). But you know we have many choices, many solutions to achieve custom tires. Shaders Patch gives us the freedom. My mod is only one of them which everyone have the freedom to or not to use:sneaky:. We know the shaders patch only have the INIs but no textures the ini tells the shader to use. So what I mainly do is supplying those packed textures. I include those INIs just in case some one don't have the new versions;) Most content in the ini are just Ctrl+V of the original ones installed
For RSS I changed the texture ('cuz I packed the textures in a zip for simplization so I can't use the already installed ones, which use the textures unpacked in folders). However for the acfl and F138 that I released, all ini I used are by the Shaders Patch author rather than me:rolleyes:so users of new versions of Shaders Patch only need to install the texture zips and no need to install INIs. So for the users of new versions of Shaders Patch this is not that compex right:sneaky:?

Hey Jach...FYI, you don't have to include the full content in the ini's. You can just include the TYRES_FX_CUSTOMTEXTURE parts and they will be combined with the car ini's that come in the shaders pack.

Also, since I'm assuming you are in the discord, check out the updates channel on the post for lights-patch-v0.1.23-preview5.zip. There was a texture set released with that one that has all textures for the acfl, and others that are set in the ini's that come with the shaders extension. The texture set is a mod so installs the same way as the main patch. It doesn't need any ini's since they are in the main shaders install already. You should talk to x4fab about combining your RSS textures with these and uncommenting/updating them in the main ini's. Then you could just distribute the texture set on here in the MODS form. That would make the install instructions much less complicated probably. What do you think?
Also, I think for smaller file size the author won't include the textures, the INIs will tell us what to do(which is enough for us right;)?), not everyone are using the cars that we use, if the main mod included all textures for all tires available that would be so large, so I think textures still need downloading by ourselves;)

RSS Formula 2 V6: Rear tyres right side has no markings, for all tyre compounds. Using shaders mod v0.1.23 preview 67 from the zip

EDIT: The problem seems to be that the new V6 car has a different texture for the tyres with 4 markings the old car had only 3 markings for the tyres
Screenshot_rss_formula_rss_2_v6_ks_laguna_seca_29-8-118-18-7-6.jpg
Screenshot_rss_formula_rss_2_v6_ks_laguna_seca_29-8-118-18-7-15.jpg

Last edited:
RSS Formula 2 V6: Rear tyres right side has no markings, for all tyre compounds. Using shaders mod v0.1.23 preview 67 from the zip
View attachment 267041 View attachment 267042
Thanks I've found the problem. I think this is due to the texture, which means I shouldn't have simply used the 2017 texture.
If I didn't make it wrong 2018 tires have got some difference. 2017 rear tires have only Pirelli logo on the outside, so the RSS2 V8(2017) textures by @formulaHEINE that I used for this config has them on one side, and the RSS2 V8 supports it perfectly with left and right both on the outside.
However both the real F2 2018 and RSS2 V6's rear tires have Pirelli logos on both side just like the front tires. If we still use them for RSS2 V6, they of course will appear on only one side of the tires, in addition it seems the V6 and V8 have different UVs so they don't appear both on the outside but the left side, just like your pictures...
RSS_T.jpg

I'm not good at making new textures and will not modify FormulaHEINE's work (although that's pretty easy - a Ctrl+V:rolleyes:) so lets just wait. After someone release pirelli textures for RSS2 V6 2018 I'll update this MOD to let RSS2 V6 use those:sneaky:

Last edited:
@Justin G
@davewilliams000's textures suit for RSS 2 V6 2018 so I'll use his for them, and keep FormulaHEINE's for RSS2 V8 2017.

Attachments

• __custom_showroom_1535533751.png
    __custom_showroom_1535533751.png
    606.7 KB · Views: 1,465
  • __custom_showroom_1535533742.png
    __custom_showroom_1535533742.png
    661 KB · Views: 1,400
Last edited:
Jach updated RSS Formula Tyre config for Shaders Patch - Dynamic Lights with a new update entry:

Hotfix for RSS 2 V6 2018 config

For last version (1.02) user you DON'T NEED to download the update. Just change the content of rss_formula_rss_2_v6.ini,
from
Code:
[INCLUDE]
INCLUDE=rss_formula_rss_2_v8.ini
to
Code:
[INCLUDE]
INCLUDE=rss_formula_hybrid_2017.ini
This will let RSS 2 V6 use davewilliams00's textures which have textures on both sides of the rear tires, istead of FormulaHEINE's RSS2 V8 textures that have textures only on the outside of rear tires of RSS 2 V8 (and on the left sides of rear tires...

Read the rest of this update entry...

@Justin G @josap11
Here's the solution for you, no need to download the update since I only did this below:
Change the content of rss_formula_rss_2_v6.ini,
from
Code:
[INCLUDE]
INCLUDE=rss_formula_rss_2_v8.ini
to
Code:
[INCLUDE]
INCLUDE=rss_formula_hybrid_2017.ini

Hi again, @Jach
I don't wish to be misunderstood.
Your work is great but, again, the words are important. :)

In the instructions you say "extract the .zip files to assettocorsa\extension\textures\cars\rss"
But the .zip files must be only copied, not extracted.

I did't know why the tyre configurator stopped to work for me (maybe my fault changing version of shaders patch) and I wasn't able to reinstall it following your instructions.
So, I saw that the code lines in .ini files aiming for the archive (zip) not for the single files extracted, and I was able to have again coloured tyres working! :)

Last edited:
Hi again, @Jach
I don't wish to be misunderstood.
Your work is great but, again, the words are important. :)

In the instrunctions you say "extract the .zip files to assettocorsa\extension\textures\cars\rss"
But the .zip files must be only copied, not extracted.

I did't know why the tyre configurator stopped to work for me (maybe my fault changing version of shaders patch) and I wasn't able to reinstall it following your instructions.
So, I saw that the code lines in .ini files aiming for the archive (zip) not for the single files extracted, and I was able to have again coloured tyres working! :)
My bad:rolleyes: what I mean "extract" is to extract the zip from the .rar you download:sneaky: not to extract the zip itself again:sneaky:

Mate I don't know why I don't have the "extension" folder in the cfg one, did I do something wrong?
No you didn't;) If there's no you just create one yourself.
It's true this folder doesn't exist in the original profile folder. We create it ourselves only under the instructions of the author of Shaders Patch
according to his readme file this prevents changes of his original patches, as the patch will first look for the ini files in Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\extension(\cars or \tracks) if there's no then it will search in assettocorsa\extension\configs\(\cars or \tracks), which may be changed after an update of Shaders Patch so we'd better put the custom ini files in Documents.

Cheers guys these configs are now officially included by Shaders Patch:sneaky:
Those who have already installed will not be influnced, new users won't have to copy the ini files, only copying the zip files is enough.

I'm having trouble installing it... i'm in Windows 7... i installed Shaders Patch 1.25 preview 49 and i can't find the folders you are describing in Documents...can you help? Thanks

I'm having trouble installing it... i'm in Windows 7... i installed Shaders Patch 1.25 preview 49 and i can't find the folders you are describing in Documents...can you help? Thanks
If it's your first time installing Shaders Patch then there's no such folder which means you need to create the folders on your own.
By the way if you're using 1.25 preview 49 then you don't have to copy the .ini files because they've been already included in the shaders patch install.
There're two places you can put those ini files one is in assettocorsa\extension\config\cars(or tracks) and the other is in Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\extension\cars (or tracks), the only difference is that the latter has a higher priority for Shaders Patch to read.
So just check if there're those .ini in assettocorsa\extension\config\cars\mods\rss (doesn't matter if they're in sub folders or not), if so, you only need to copy the .zip textures to assettocorsa\extension\textures\cars\rss (MUST in this folder, CANNOT be changed because it's defined in the .ini files ) and that's enough.

Last edited:
Jach updated RSS Formula Tyre config for Shaders Patch - Dynamic Lights with a new update entry:

Formula Hybrid 2019 Added

Only added one .ini file, others unchanged.
Added Formula Hybrid 2019 to use Pirelli textures.
Based on the config in the discord from CC (rather than Github), changed the textures used.
C1 C2 white
C3 yellow
C4 C5 red
If you want a pink C5, purple C4, red C3, yellow C2 and white C1, it's on https://github.com/ac-custom-shader...fig/cars/mods/rss/rss_formula_hybrid_2019.ini

Read the rest of this update entry...

Due to tyre regulations 2019 one config cannot fit all GPs.
So you may have to change some setting of rss_formula_hybrid_2019.ini according to different GPs.
Obviously default update is for AUS GP
I may update them here. (3 compounds for each GP, don't forget to disable others in online server)
Bahrain:
Code:
[TYRES_FX_CUSTOMTEXTURE_C3]
TXDIFFUSE=cars\rss\rss_formula_hybrid.zip::SS.dds
TXBLUR=cars\rss\rss_formula_hybrid.zip::SS_Blur.dds

[TYRES_FX_CUSTOMTEXTURE_C2]
TXDIFFUSE=cars\rss\rss_formula_hybrid.zip::S.dds
TXBLUR=cars\rss\rss_formula_hybrid.zip::S_Blur.dds

[TYRES_FX_CUSTOMTEXTURE_C1]
TXDIFFUSE=cars\rss\rss_formula_hybrid.zip::M.dds
TXBLUR=cars\rss\rss_formula_hybrid.zip::M_Blur.dds

I dont have an 'rss' folder in AC/ext/text/cars to put the zips, And i dont have 'cars' in Docs/AC/cfg/ext to put the ini's, Cheers.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.