RSRBR 2016 Problem

Hello all,

Two days ago my week old install of RSRBR 2016 was running fine. Today when I tried to start game via RSCenter Alone, I get an error message "View Pack configuration file is invalid".

Huh? I checked the forum at RallyeSim and come up empty handed.

Install was done "by the book", Update 02 - done, the two car packs re-downloaded and installed and I have all country packs and tracks at the RallyeSim site installed. As stated two days ago it ran fine. Now this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

FraPP!!!

Well, in my experience there are "books" and then there are "books". The only thing in common is the spelling. But I hear you, you're not the first one to encounter something like this, and you certainly won't be the last. It's almost as if RSRBR is made out of crystal.

Come to think of it, porridge had a similar mishap with RSRBR2015, when after it had been unused for like several months, the installation had just broken itself somehow and all the roads led to the infamous Visual C++ Run-time error. Porridge even tried to buy RSCenter a rose and a tube of expensive cookies, but that was of no use. And it most certainly wasn't the installation itself that had gone wrong. Oh, you should see sometime how porridge installs RSRBR and how masterfully he takes everything you can think of into consideration; md5 checksums, anti-viruses, DEPs... quite simply, it's art, it really is. Of course, none of this will console you, and it wasn't meant to, I just like to write about myself in the 3rd person.

That "View Pack configuration file is invalid" is, as you must know by now, a very vague error in RSRBR, it can mean absolutely anything. So get to the bottom of this, you'd have try their own diagnostic tool (http://download.rallyesim.fr/DepannageRSRBR.exe) that should give you at least a hint of what it might be. Having glanced at some of the reports, the solutions are usually something very obvious, but really no point for anyone to start guessing which one would be the right one for you. Note that Depannage will be useless if you've installed RSRBR outside of the original installation, but then you could always temporarily change the InstallPath in the registry.

porridge.

You are a poet. Absolutely.

A solution of striking simplicity for all those RSRBR problems is to get rid of it completely and use some decent plugin for online racing. ;)

Thank you for the laughs guys. And thank you for the link. I have been reacquainting myself with RBR lately and thought since RallyeSim guys are still at it, they might have developed a more stable product. I have RSRBR 03 and RSRBR 04 on an external hard drive. They worked two days ago as well; not today.

What mods would you guys suggest for a more consistent RBR experience?

Thank you again,

FraPP!!!

since RallyeSim guys are still at it, they might have developed a more stable product.
If porridge is a poet then you are a comedian. :roflmao:
Usually over time these systems grow more and more unstable.

Thank you again,

FraPP!!!
Well, as only two of them are using state-of-the-art physics it boils down to the czech or hungarian plugins, respectively.

RBRTM (cz plugin) Wiki installation guide (english)

"If porridge is a poet then you are a comedian. :roflmao:" Thanks, I guess?????????????

Are the Hungarian guys you referenced the same folks that produced the HRC 06 & 07 mods?

Thank you for your help.

FraPP!!!

You are welcome. :)

Yes, but the HRC stuff still used the old, original physics stuff.
Now the Hungarian assimilated the new NGP 4.4 physics, which was a smart move.
The CZ will deploy NGP 4.4 in just a few days, but they have a link to my page for offline testing in the meantime.

Thank you for your help Mr Bee. I downloaded all the Hungarian files from here: http://www.rallysimfans.hu/rbr/download.php and installed in a fresh RBR install(1.02 patched). It appears as thought there are no cars. I have registered and activated my account but I can't find car downloads. Also, when I click on the Rallysimfans RBR shortcut, I get an error message "The program can't start because MSVCP71.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem." I have tried reinstalling but to no avail - maybe a re-download. Are the cars in one of the bin files? All other updates appear to be tracks

With the Czech mod, if I delete the RSRBR registery keys will I still be able to run RSRBR 2016(I got it working)?

Lastly, Do you have an opinion on the RBR-WORld.com mod. Can these mods be run offline?

Sorry for the myriad of questions.

Thank You again for your help,

FraPP!!!

The Hungarians will give you support at their forum, in english.
The dll you mentioned is part of the RBR installation, therefore usually never should be missing ...

Why bother with RSRBR ? It will screw up again sooner or later anyway. I bet RSRBR needs all registry entries, nice weather, an appropriate phase of the moon and a computer expert to keep it going ...

RBR-World is at best mediocre, still using the original arcace-like rocket physics. But the guys are good at public relations.
If you want to play offline, use my TrainingDay plugin, which beats them all anyway. ;)

Thank you for the laughs guys. And thank you for the link. I have been reacquainting myself with RBR lately and thought since RallyeSim guys are still at it, they might have developed a more stable product. I have RSRBR 03 and RSRBR 04 on an external hard drive. They worked two days ago as well; not today.

Thank you again,

FraPP!!!
how you can fix this error??happens to me....

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back