Round 13: Seriously Not Serious Club

Abdul Al-Amry

2011 RD Indy 500 Winner
That's is based on Abdul's idea from here. I will update the first post with everyone's laptimes. Each round closes on Sunday:) The server is set with 7hours of qualies.

You are allowed to change the setup.

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT SNS
Password: usual club password.

Cars: BMW MINI - Reik Major
Track: Porto - Nicolas Hamilton
Weather: Dry

Basic rules:
  • Whoever is the fastest at the end of the week picks a car or track to run for the following week
  • Whoever finishes last picks the track or car for the following week.
  • The same person can't pick the track/car 3 weeks in a row. In the case that occurs, the 2nd line will choose the mod
  • Tracks and mods have to be either game default or located in RD's download section
Standings after round 12

snscround13.png

any news on the laps reik?
Really need to get some in

Sorry i didn't have time until know. I was test working the last three days in a new company and will be home late.

It seems i'll have the time tomorrow and on friday. I'll definately post here if i finish some laps.

It sounds very charming to me, that i'm taken as a reference.:thanks:
Keep in mind, there are other quick drivers too...

i enjoy getting to know my lines then comparing them to your videos.

Very very helpful,

Cheers Reik,

Ollie

Here we go now!

First of all: I did my testing today in a test day session and i suggest everyone to use this session as long as the server isn't up. This way we have compareable conditions without traffic. Do you agree?

I attached the lap and the setting for it. In the middle sector i had an anoying wall touch, which at least costed me 2 or 3 tens. Having this frustration in mind, i took all risk through the last chicane and managed it by luck! So i hammered down a 1:13:952 in the end.
In the meantime i raised all the rear dampers from 3 to 6 i think. I feel i can earn about 3 tens. The splits confirmed this...

All in all i think it's really a too long track for this kind of event, but it's very, very challenging and teaches you to attack in a controlled way! :freaked-out:

Have fun all!

Hopefully the server gets up soon....

Attachments

• Porto_SNSC_Reik_2-13-952.Vcr
    143.6 KB · Views: 223
  • R-Mini.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 201
Since I can only do a :28 there, yes!

Compare lines and speed and try my setup if you like to. It can help a bit.

I noticed that on city circuits it is much harder to take very close apexes all the time, because you are afraid of hitting the walls. So you often loose some centimetres and corner speed and therefor time. This doesn't happen on normal circuits, where no one is afraid to hit the inner curbs. So on open circuits it's much easier to hit all apexes and gain good laptimes.

Porto is special! For a good lap you have to hit the last chicane perfect not only once but twice. The lap starts quick if you start it with a high speed through the last chicane! This is hard to manage twice...

You also need to keep very much speed through the middle chicane. I tend to break for it a little earlier in order to take it very fluid with a stable car. Breaking to hard into it, kills the exit speed too much...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back