1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Rotate track without rotating Sobjects

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder' started by ErikG, May 14, 2014.

1. Hey guys! Ran into a little problem today when working on a rally stage. I imported a new track bit into an older stage to make a longer version of it. I simply want to attach the new track bit to the old one, but that involves rotating and moving it in place. The problem here is that when I try rotating the new track (active track only), I can uncheck to make objects, walls and so on stay in position. However, there is no option for Sobjects, which means that when I rotate my new track bit, all the Sobjects from the old bit rotates as well, which makes it look like a smaller mess. I wonder if anyone here knows if there is a way to lock the Sobjects in palce so I only rotate the track nodes and nothing else. Is that possible?

Thanks in advance :)

2. Rotate the new track, despite the affect on the SObjects, then create another track from scratch. Align its nodes with the rotated one (hold M to snap them in place). When that's done, Rotate one of the new tracks in the opposite direction, and the SObjects should go back with it. The un-rotated track can then be deleted.

Last edited: May 14, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Aah ok, sounds clever! I'll try that! Thank you :)