Rookies needing help with mods.

Hey guys, I'm new(ish) to rFactor, bought it years ago, hated it then, hate it now, but since LFS is now dead, and I want to race in leagues, I don't have much choice. I haven't dealt with an open-source or community modded game before, so here are some things I want and need to know;
Will all mods run side by side on 1 installation? Or do I need a separate install per mod?
Are there any plug-ins that allow you to switch between installations in-game?
What kind of trouble can I run into with mods?

Haven't find the answers elsewhere, could also be useful for others moving to rFactor

Will all mods run side by side on 1 installation? Or do I need a separate install per mod?

Most mods will run side by side however the more mods you have, the greater the chance of one mod conflicting with another. If you are running in a league, I would recommend having an rFactor Lite install with just the mod and tracks needed for that league to avoid any problems.

Are there any plug-ins that allow you to switch between installations in-game?

I take it you mean switching between mods? If there are multiple mods inside 1 installation of the game then on the main menu, click "Customize", then "Player" and you can change between the mods in the "racing series" box.

What kind of trouble can I run into with mods?

Conflicts are an issue if you have too many mods (particularly if they are similar). Providing you install everything correctly though, you should be fine. :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back