AC Rookies: Formula Abarth @ Vallelunga (Live Stream) - Friday March 24, 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
albisu in server 2
lesleyyb in server 2
hi guys can you update your usernames to full real names in tspeak for next events please :)

Just tag me or another staff member if unsure how to do it:)

Rupe

Hi all,

I just want to say this was great fun (my first one) but a couple of things, if I may......

1) If you are teaching new people in club events, then at least get them ready for league racing, i.e during racing, Radio Silence.

2) I hit somebody, sorry don't know who, but they shouted at me, no worries, I waited as I thought that was the right thing to do, as my car would no downshift quick enough, again sorry for that.

3) Somebody said why was I on softs...I have done a fast rebuild (HD Failure last night) to make it tonight, so I had not changed my pitstops settings from playing around earlier, so I pitted to fix my car and obviously it put on soft's, but I wasn't any faster, I wish

4) Why did I leave, because these soft tyres dropped off so quickly and without warning, I was a danger to everybody else :roflmao: and there is nothing worse than somebody ruining a race for 5-6 people (who was coming behind me) while I was trying to get off the grass

Just my thoughts

Shaun

Really good car/track combo which made for some excellent racing. :thumbsup: Apologies to those that nearly rear-ended me on the start... I forgot to put it in gear. :redface: After that was really good fun though. Had some brilliant battles with @Quentis Gillispie and @hape . Not sure I would have gotten past you if it weren't for your spin Hape, as your defending was spot on. :notworthy:

See you next time, guys! :cool:

Thanks for the race guys, was a lot of fun :)

Had some nice battles with @Jimlaad43 and @Solli93 in the first and final laps. Last laps were really tough, started to notice the tyre wear, which gave me some trouble combined with the damaged front wing from a slight contact with Ed early on. Add to that Niko who was right at my back, trying hard to get back past me.

Hey guys,

Great race tonight thanks guys, enjoyed myself despite the troubles in the opening laps... !

Managed to secure a top 8 quali after some technical difficulties with the rig prevented any real lapping during practice and managed to get a half decent start to bring myself into the top 6 in turn one. Sadly a light touch front right to real left with someone speared the car very dramatically to the left and caused a bit of "excitement" in the field. Sorry about my part in that. Looking again at the replay on Twitch doesn't even look like actual contact happened and it was more a netcode AC contact than anything. Anyway sorry guys.

Waiting up in the gravel to give back the place then set off again and had a fairly quiet race aftwards, had a couple of fights here and there but it was mainly a case of just seeing the race out to it's end.

Thank you to @Bram for organising, and thank you to all who turned up across both servers tonight, it was another great event and a pleasure to race with you all.

Don't forget next week is up already and almost full! This time it's some great fun in the MX5-Cup car at Silverstone International !!! Link here - http://www.racedepartment.com/threa...one-friday-march-31-2017.133601/#post-2432350

Let's get another couple of full servers nice and early and have some fun!

Oh one last thing, sorry I was a bit quiet on TS, only realised at the end I was pressing the wrong button all race.. thought everyone was ignoring me :D

Cheers

P3 for me after a meh-race where I spun twice. But amazing experience as it was my first RD event after having taking part in RDGT3 S6.

I wish I could have fought more with the two front runners that were Florian and Martin. Good job guys.

Don´t give up, mistakes are normal and expected ;)
For some reason i remember my first ever race on RD last year, i lost the car in the second corner and crashed even more during the race.

• Deleted member 6919

Was a fairly good combo tonight..1st lap incident, not alot anything could of been done there, looking at the replay it doesn't look as even me and Paul actually touched, just sorry for everyone that got caught up in it. The 2nd crash for me was a joke, someone called Marcello, who actually was in the wrong server, who also wasn't on TS, and actually doesn't know what mirrors are, or that racing isn't a contact sport, took 3 swipes at me on a straight before he actually took me off...by then and having to go into the pits between the the 2 incident's it wasn't worth the effort to continue.

The only thing I have noticed, more to do in the rookie races, which is where lets say people are learning the art of sim racing, there has been no instruction on the art of rejoining the race if someone goes off track..(no I'm not talking about you Joseph)..:p but for me it does need mentioning in my eyes, as I've seen so many risky and dangerous rejoins, or even when you spin and you have approaching cars.

Till the next race guys..;)

That was good fun fighting @Joseph Wright for the last lap.

I have a question @ionONE1 and @PfzFantaribo : How do you manage to use full brake without locking the front tyres? I wanted to adjust the braking forces, but it was locked. Thx in advance!

I didn't adjust the brake balance. I would say experience, thats a really hard question.
Fanatec Clubsport, Options: linear force 1.0, really easy to press till 70%. Lock up is possible, but i have to apply a decent amount of force.

Things i do in every sim: slightly lower engine sound and raising the tire sound.

Further sources that might help: https://www.reddit.com/r/simracing/comments/3sbzki/using_100_of_the_brake_pedal/
http://www.isrtv.com/forums/topic/13587-proper-braking-technique/

When i first join the track i try to figure out the braking points without locking up, using points of interest next to the track. Goal is to find a safe, conservative point that i can hit no matter what. Following practice you are probably able to move the braking point closer to the corner.

That was good fun fighting @Joseph Wright for the last lap.

I have a question @ionONE1 and @PfzFantaribo : How do you manage to use full brake without locking the front tyres? I wanted to adjust the braking forces, but it was locked. Thx in advance!

Well, I had some lock up, usually in the last sector.

As @ionONE1 said, first thing to do is to figure out your safe braking points. Then with pratice you can adjust it precisely according to your driving style/needs. Last thing, but I think it is a basic rule, you need to apply the brakes degressively, as locking up happens more easily when you already slowed down a bit.

Thank you so much @ionONE1 and @PfzFantaribo . I watched the replays from the race and the pedal info there seems to be quite rubbish. Thats why I thought you were doing 100% pressure.

I work my way now through your links and try to learn as much as possible. Thanks also for your 3 recorded laps!! I know it is a lot to ask for, but do you also have MoTec Data from ACTI? Then I could analyse what I am doing "wrong" more in detail.

I am not quite sure how to adress this topic, but perhaps we can find a way here at RD how to help "advanced" rookies. After the session with @Bram some month ago, I found time one track, which was perfect!! But now I seem so stuck somehow on the next step. Perhaps sharing telemetry and replays from you faster guys with a telemetry guide could adress this topic for many drivers here at RD. Whats your opinion about that?

Or just say that I am to impatient and should go on track and practice, practice, practice :D

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 18 23.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Trophies

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 6.5%