Rodolphe Morin (1969 - 2014)

Very sad to hear:(.

I would have been a member back then in my early days, but sadly I don't believe we ever met on the virtual race track. It's always heart breaking to hear of a loss in such a close community like RD and I'm sure he has many friends that he will be remembered fondly by!!

R.I.P fellow sim racer and condolences to your family and loved ones.

I am VERY sad :(:(:(
My sincere condolences go out to his family and friends
hi.gif

RIP Rodolphe
rose.gif

(english message following down...)
Ouf, toute une mauvaise nouvelle aujourd'hui... Je tiens premièrement à envoyer mes très sincères condoléances québécoises à la famille Morin et tout le support virtuellement possible à son frère Antoine.

Je ne peux retenir mes larmes de couler durant l'écriture de ce texte. :'(
Lors de mes débuts en simracing, un championnat Mini Cooper piloté avec une manette de Xbox, Antoine fût mon premier "rival". Avec Antoine, j'ai connu les "thrills" du simracing et les défis que cela représentait. C'est avec lui que j'ai connu mes premières "bagarres", mes premiers plaisirs de course et surtout grâce à lui que j'ai découvert la TeamGG par la suite. Dans cette équipe régnait un pilote humble, solide et fiable comme une horloge, Rodolphe Morin, alias "rodpod"...

Rod avait un pilotage précis, peaufiné et particulièrement remarquable. Son style "gentlemen" sur la piste se faisait sentir autour de lui tel un aur et il m'a motivé à acheter mon volant G25. C'est à plus de 5,500km de distance qu'il m'a appris à donner mes premiers coups de volant, à améliorer mes lignes de courses, à régler ma voiture et à passer des nuits blanches à piloter au lieu d'étudier.

Rodolphe était toujours prêt à aider ses coéquipiers, à donner des conseils et à nous dépasser à la moindre erreur de parcours. Il savait nous motiver à être plus rapide tout en se montrant rassurant. C'était un phare dans l'ombre nous indiquant le chemin vers la réussite et la perfection... Sa minutie hors du commun m'a toujours fascinée durant la préparation des courses. C'est grâce à ses précieux conseils de "simracer" averti que j'ai pu grandir dans ce monde virtuel.

Repose en paix Rodolphe.
-Pascal M. Tremblay, ta recrue favorite du Québec.
English:
Outch... That's a sad news for me out there. First I would like to send my sincere condolences from Quebec to all the Morin's family and all the virtually possible support to his brother, Antoine.

I can't hold my tears to flow during the writing of this text. :'(
When I've first started in simracing, in a Mini Cooper championship driven with my Xbox controller, Antoine was my first "rival". With Antoine, I've met the thrills fo simracing and all the challenges involved. It's with him that I've had my first "fights", my first racing pleasures and especially thanks to him that I've discovered the TeamGG afterward. In this Team reigned a humble, solid and trustworthy clocked driver, Rodolphe Morin, alias "rodpod"...

Rod had a precise, refined and very remarkable driving. It's gentlemen style on the track was felt like an aura around him and he motivated me to buy my G25 steering wheel. It's at more than 5,500km away that he have learned me to give my first "hits" on the steering, to get better racing lines, to setup my car and to spend sleepless nights driving instead of studying.

Rodolphe was always ready to help his teammates, to give advices and to overtake us on the smallest driving mistake. He was able to motivate us to be faster while being reassuring. He was a lighthouse in the darkness showing us the road to success and perfection... His outstanding preciseness always had fascinated me during race preparation. Thanks to his precious forewarned simracer advices that have taught me how to grow in this virtual world.

Rest in peace Rodolphe.
-Pascal M. Tremblay, your favorite recruit from Quebec.

Merci encore à vous tous... Merci à Pascal, pour ce texte, Rodpod va maintenant rejoindre la mer, ce sera l'objet d'un voyage en famille. Merci à RaceDepartment, pour le sérieux de cette communauté, c'est juste la meilleure que je connaisse. Merci à Sébastien qui à su gérer tout ça... j'espère vous voir nombreux Jeudi à SPA...Et RIP à Rod...

Thanks again to all of you guys. Thanks to Pascal for those touchy words, Rodpod his going to be part of the sea later, it will be a trip for him with familly. Thanks to RaceDepartment for the really serious community,. Thanks to Sebastion Poidevin for his really helpfull acts. I hope i will see most of you @ SPA

RIP ROd...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back