• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Have a chance to win a copy of F1 2017 The Game (PC) by following RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

ROC Crash Could Postpone Wehrlein's Preseason Testing

Discussion in 'Motorsports' started by Bethonie Waring, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Bethonie Waring

Bethonie Waring
    Premium

Ratings:
    +269
    Pascal Race of Champions.jpg Sauber’s Pascal Wehrlein is undergoing medical examinations to determine if he’ll be fit for testing following his Race of Champions crash.

The German suffered a neck injury after colliding with Brazilian Felipe Massa at the end of their race.

The injury may be enough to rule him out of the first preseason tests in Barcelona later this month, but Sauber have said that the medical tests are still ongoing.

The extent of Wehrlein’s injuries are unknown, but he was ruled out of the second day of the Race of Champions on medical grounds.

For more Formula One news and discussions head over to the RaceDepartment Formula One sub forum and join in with your fellow community members.

Who would you like to see in the Sauber seat at testing if Wehrlein isn’t given the green light? Let us know in the comments below!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2017
  2. Erwin Greven

Erwin Greven
    retired from this site. Premium

Ratings:
    +256
    Wehrlien = Wehrlein.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Rob

Rob
    Premium

Ratings:
    +3,088
    My German teacher always said it was the second letter ("ie" or "ei") that you hear upon speaking the word, and it's always the long vowel.

4. Jan Mikuž

Jan Mikuž

Ratings:
    +151
    He was very lucky to not sustain serious injuries there.
    Was a nasty crash, his head was in a very dangerous place during the roll.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. grahamw

grahamw

Ratings:
    +36
    Give a chance to one of the up and coming GP2 drivers Gasly or more likely Giovinnazi who as a Ferrari man might be a more obvious choice to stand in for Sauber Ferrari.

I thought the accident happened some time ago and surely Wehrlein will be ready for testing which is not until the end of the month but it could be an opportunity to see a driver of the future at work.

6. Rodent

Rodent
    Premium

Ratings:
    +274
    Poor guy just can't catch a break.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Andrew

Andrew
    I'm not lazy, I'm just very relaxed. Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +2,775
    Thanks for the eagleeye Erwin. If've change it to Wehrlein. ( Sounds better , esp. for a german bloke like me ;) )

• Like Like x 2
    • Wow Wow x 1
  8. Erwin Greven

Erwin Greven
    retired from this site. Premium

Ratings:
    +256
    The German "ie" is pronounced as an short "e". The "ei" is pronounced as "i" (mine, or side).

• Agree Agree x 1