Tracks Road Atlanta 2021 - WIP

This is so nice. Did my first laps there. In a GT3, times should be within .100 or so of the older one based on my initial run. Completely different way of achieve the time however.

Coming down the into esses takes a bit of getting used to :D It's such a blind drop compared to before! Will certainly need new reference points here. Great job man!

This is so nice. Did my first laps there. In a GT3, times should be within .100 or so of the older one based on my initial run. Completely different way of achieve the time however.

Coming down the into esses takes a bit of getting used to :D It's such a blind drop compared to before! Will certainly need new reference points here. Great job man!
Uhmmm, new references like, real life...? thats the whole point of this new road atlanta...

I'm completely blown away by how good this track build is. It might be the best version of RA in all of sim racing. I've done a lot of laps around RA in real life, and this version checks all of the realism boxes almost perfectly. I'm headed back to RA in November for a Time Trial, and no doubt practicing on this version before that event will make me faster.

My only nitpick (and it's pretty minor), is the curbing on the inside of turn 7:
  • In V0.8, the grass is at the ~same level as the track, and the curb is a "hump" between the track and grass. This allows you to hook the inside curb too easily and get some extra speed for the back straight.
  • In real life, the grass is something like 6" above the track surface, and the curb is more of a gradual step up from the track to grass. This penalizes curb cutting a lot more (trust me, I've tried and failed many times to squeeze some extra speed out by cutting that curb).
I crudely tried to show this in the pictures below:

RA T7 AC.PNG

RA T7 AC Profile.PNG

But, don't let my nitpick detract from how amazing this version is. Even in its current version it's many orders of magnitude better than the previous mods. Hopefully that's helpful feedback!

Last edited:
Not so much about "hooking" the kerb (Sidewall doesn't exist in AC tires) but the car will definitely be straighter through that section. IRL it looks like the roll angle will be worse on the outside wheel and you might also bottom easier if you try to cut it. Maybe significant enough to care about.

I'm completely blown away by how good this track build is. It might be the best version of RA in all of sim racing. I've done a lot of laps around RA in real life, and this version checks all of the realism boxes almost perfectly. I'm headed back to RA in November for a Time Trial, and no doubt practicing on this version before that event will make me faster.

My only nitpick (and it's pretty minor), is the curbing on the inside of turn 7:
  • In V0.8, the grass is at the ~same level as the track, and the curb is a "hump" between the track and grass. This allows you to hook the inside curb too easily and get some extra speed for the back straight.
  • In real life, the grass is something like 6" above the track surface, and the curb is more of a gradual step up from the track to grass. This penalizes curb cutting a lot more (trust me, I've tried and failed many times to squeeze some extra speed out by cutting that curb).
I crudely tried to show this in the pictures below:

View attachment 497024
View attachment 497025

But, don't let my nitpick detract from how amazing this version is. Even in its current version it's many orders of magnitude better than the previous mods. Hopefully that's helpful feedback!
Definitely not nitpicking, that’s great feedback! I’ll adjust the inside grass to be more in line with that curb.

Last edited:
By the way, perhaps it is due to my settings, but the pop-in of the dark cracks on the pavement is quite aggressive. Is it due to a design choice (detail texture only) and should I just increase my texture settings? I'm pretty sure I have 16x AF so it's not due to that.

I don't know how it'd look, or even if it's really doable to have them be part of the long-range low detail texture, but it is a bit distracting as-is. Is it an optimization thing or limitation?

By the way, perhaps it is due to my settings, but the pop-in of the dark cracks on the pavement is quite aggressive. Is it due to a design choice (detail texture only) and should I just increase my texture settings? I'm pretty sure I have 16x AF so it's not due to that.

I don't know how it'd look, or even if it's really doable to have them be part of the long-range low detail texture, but it is a bit distracting as-is. Is it an optimization thing or limitation?
Z-fighting maybe? They are not set to LOD out, maybe I just need to raise them a bit more.

Adding them to the main texture would just be extremely repetitive

Screenshot_arch_porsche_935_78_1978_grp5_jr_road_atlanta_20-7-121-20-7-52.jpg

Screenshot_arch_porsche_935_78_1978_grp5_jr_road_atlanta_20-7-121-20-8-2.jpg

Had, I tried to take an image with F8 to show it, but CSP cranks up the settings for the shot and the crack renders further. I wonder if it's some kind of CSP optimization or something, because it just disappears into a wall, no blending or anything. You can clearly see it render in and out, it doesn't become blurry or anything.

View attachment 497161

View attachment 497162

Had, I tried to take an image with F8 to show it, but CSP cranks up the settings for the shot and the crack renders further. I wonder if it's some kind of CSP optimization or something, because it just disappears into a wall, no blending or anything. You can clearly see it render in and out, it doesn't become blurry or anything.

Isn't that the track culling feature that was added to CSP?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back