Road America

Tracks Road America 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Somehow it's relatively bright comparing to other tracks, like 10% of pp_filter_brightness over. And tarmac even at lowered brightness is blinding white to the point of discomfort.

On page 16 of sol config you can set the brightness individual for each track.

Attachments

• ra.jpg
    ra.jpg
    455.8 KB · Views: 111
  • Deleted member 197115

If you want 3D grass, use CSP/SOL's procedural grass. Lilski intentionally does it that way now to save modding time.
It's quite a bit expensive esp. for VR folks with not so much headroom for bells and whistles. :(

• Deleted member 197115

I don't have to do that for any other tracks, why this one?

Rift user on the latest CSP/SOL and I have no issues with the track. I'd hate to be a modder when not everyone is on the same page.
So many variables with PC specs, apps and the like where do you draw the line. Not having a go at those with issues just saying how hard it is to get it right for all.

• Deleted member 223075

Used CSP to add grass and it look better. Thanks for the tip.

• Deleted member 197115

Thanks for that.
Turned out that the reason adjustment for other tracks is not needed is because SOL is already shipped with predefined values in \extension\weather\sol\sol__track_adaptions.lua
for instance original "road_america" has
ta_exp_fix = 0.50
in the latest SOL 1.6. alpha 1.
And "liski_road_america" is missing, guess it will find its way in for the next release, for now fixing it via that param does the job wonderfully. It actually persist values from SOL_Config in that file.
So you like it at 70?

EDIT: 75 is close to perfect with SOL_Extra on Odyssey+

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Deleted member 197115

Yes, 70 is ok for me.
For track builders it is impossible to please everyone. The quality of the things you see on your monitor depends on many things (Monitor settings, used filter, weather etc.
I agree that trying to "please everyone" is futile, but at least there should be some generally accepted uniformity across tracks, especially newly developed.
I understand that problem compounds by different filters people could use, but given profiled monitor and what is considered de-facto standard for CSP/SOL, SOL_Extra PP filter, why the brightness is so off.
Is that SOL problem and modders just use different target when optimizing tracks?
By no means complaining, just trying to understand and learn from it.
At least there is some solution and it works brilliantly (until next SOL release wipes out my changes), but I almost discarded this wonderful track recreation after launching it first time, so washed out and painfully bright tarmac looked.

I agree that trying to "please everyone" is futile, but at least there should be some generally accepted uniformity across tracks, especially newly developed.
I understand that problem compounds by different filters people could use, but given profiled monitor and what is considered de-facto standard for CSP/SOL, SOL_Extra PP filter, why the brightness is so off.
Is that SOL problem and modders just use different target when optimizing tracks?
By no means complaining, just trying to understand and learn from it.
At least there is some solution and it works brilliantly (until next SOL release wipes out my changes), but I almost discarded this wonderful track recreation after launching it first time, so washed out and painfully bright tarmac looked.
CSP, SOL, different filters and all the million settings that come with them... are not enforced on anyone, specially on content creators. A big reason Assetto Corsa will never have a "de-facto" standard. As you said so yourself, SOL tries to make it all uniform with built in configurations for tracks with every release.

You want something that looks perfectly calibrated in every way? You'll need to delete all your mods and use the game as its shipped I'm afraid, lol.

If you have chosen the path of modding your game, in my opinion, you need to accept that from time to time, what looks good to someone is not what you want, and perhaps 10 or 15 minutes of your time might be required to turn down a setting slider or 2. Small price to pay when you are getting content other sim communities dream of :)

• Deleted member 197115

You want something that looks perfectly calibrated in every way? You'll need to delete all your mods and use the game as its shipped I'm afraid, lol.
Is that what it's calibrated to, vanilla AC. So why Grass FX is needed?
Not sure if I worded my question properly, but what is that standard that you use for track "calibration"?
Is it an unreasonable ask?

Is that what it's calibrated to, vanilla AC. So why Grass FX is needed?
Not sure if I worded my question properly, but what is that standard that you use for track "calibration"?
Is it an unreasonable ask?
You got your answer a few posts back, but again and not as bluntly: we achieved a look that we were happy with, using SOL and without. :)

In regards to grass_fx, we didn’t see a need to manually scatter grass objects, which need time and a lot of effort to get right, when grass_fx does a great job on its own.

Last edited:

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 406 69.2%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 257 43.8%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 275 46.8%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 121 20.6%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 162 27.6%
Back