Road America

Tracks Road America 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Still got the message after the update, but I managed to narrow it down to the "batteryMeter" app, and it works fine now. However, I was getting the race cancelled message with other circuits, so I dunno if this is a unique issue with the combination with the circuit and batteryMeter.

Still crashing for me so I dug a little deeper as people have been having crashes without BLM app installed. I have disabled every app altogether and as expected the track works fine. I installed only BLM lights, track loads fine as the app isn't activated on screen automatically. If I move the mouse to the right and activate BLM Lights app, there is a pause and then a crash back to desktop. I know BLM parses extension ini files, so I moved that and it still crashes.

Tested using Kunos cars and:

CSP 1.52
Sol weather app 9.6
Sol 1.5.1

Still crashing for me so I dug a little deeper as people have been having crashes without BLM app installed. I have disabled every app altogether and as expected the track works fine. I installed only BLM lights, track loads fine as the app isn't activated on screen automatically. If I move the mouse to the right and activate BLM Lights app, there is a pause and then a crash back to desktop. I know BLM parses extension ini files, so I moved that and it still crashes.

Tested using Kunos cars and:

CSP 1.52
Sol weather app 9.6
Sol 1.5.1

Just posted an update for BLM Lights
you can choose not to load the app with selected tracks. RA is already included amongst the base 'excluded' tracks.
I don't know why it crashes with this track, I didn't investigate

ahhhh

In that case, the camera_facing.ini file in the data folder, there are values in there for diffuse and specular... you can lower those values to help with the "glow in the dark" people :)

tumblr_inline_p60cp0LUeE1tg5wat_640.jpg

There are no shadows on your painted track lines. It makes it very trippy to drive on this otherwise very nicely done track.

I'm using a vanilla AC...It's noticeable in the comparison video by Chris Down too whatever settings he's using.

There are no shadows on your painted track lines. It makes it very trippy to drive on this otherwise very nicely done track.

I'm using a vanilla AC...It's noticeable in the comparison video by Chris Down too whatever settings he's using.
Yeah the shadows work fine when using CSP but I don't think I ever tested it with vanilla AC but I will look into it. It has become increasingly difficult to walk the CSP and non CSP line when releasing these things.

Thank you for this track!! Amazing work!

I have a small issue... the grass is flat, and I don't see the blades of grass (Whereas I can see them in all official Kunos track).
Did I forgot something?

grass.jpg

Thanks!

I have a small issue... the grass is flat, and I don't see the blades of grass (Whereas I can see them in all official Kunos track).
Did I forgot something?

If you want 3D grass, use CSP/SOL's procedural grass. Lilski intentionally does it that way now to save modding time.

I, being an old fart who doesn't like to fuss with his games too much, have not installed CSP/SOL and am just fine with flat grass texture.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 30 8.5%
  • Monthly

Votes: 18 5.1%
  • Yearly

Votes: 27 7.6%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 9 2.5%