Road America

Tracks Road America 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Thanks, looks like you are using an aggressive FOV?
I usualy drive on a single screen with a 35 FOV, but i recently got me two extra screens from work and i'm a little confused on how to set the FOV right, because it is not set with the onboard settings as usual but with an extra tripple screen app, and it seems to override the FOV that appears in the onboard settings app... so i don't know what FOV i have when using tripple screen setup...

anyway, you are right, i tried my usual setting with a 35 FOV and the building is perfect and as i raise the FOV, it pops's in. must be a problem with my config, nevermind ;)

I usualy drive on a single screen with a 35 FOV, but i recently got me two extra screens from work and i'm a little confused on how to set the FOV right, because it is not set with the onboard settings as usual but with an extra tripple screen app, and it seems to override the FOV that appears in the onboard settings app... so i don't know what FOV i have when using tripple screen setup...

anyway, you are right, i tried my usual setting with a 35 FOV and the building is perfect and as i raise the FOV, it pops's in. must be a problem with my config, nevermind ;)
I'm partly to blame for this as well... could have used a higher LOD OUT number for that building.

if anyone has any pop-in issues with objects, add this code to the ext_config.ini

Code:
[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
MESHES =
LOD_OUT = 500

and using the object inspector app (then hold left ALT and left click on object), you can get the mesh name to add to MESHES. You can insert multiple meshes, separating with a comma.

A small note on a little detail: The animated billboard animation doesn't seem to let a static image stay enough time before scrolling to the next, so you see it moving almost every time you glance. IRL it wouldn't be enough time for attendees to completely read or catch an advertisement etc.

Unless I remember it wrong, I see you removed the csp lcd effect from tv_tower_screen stuff so it's only baked it into the images. That's a nice move as it removes the excessive moiré at mid-distance.

Last edited:
A small note on a little detail: The animated billboard animation doesn't seem to let a static image stay enough time before scrolling to the next, so you see it moving almost every time you glance. IRL it wouldn't be enough time for attendees to completely read or catch an advertisement etc.

Unless I remember it wrong, I see you removed the csp lcd effect from tv_tower_screen stuff so it's only baked it into the images. That's a nice move as it removes the excessive moiré at mid-distance.
I didn't spend too much time on that, it was really just to get some sort of animation on them. Ideally I wanted them to show the live video Ilja claims is possible, but I think that hasnt worked from day one, even his example for Vallelunga doesnt work.

I had to remove the screen effect because its not compatible with stflow, so happy coincidence on that one lol

Last edited:
I have a short question: the moto version won't pop up in the track selection of the server manager - I compared it to Watkins Glen and the only difference in naming and folder structure i could find is that the non-moto layout isn't in a seperate folder, was that a deliberate choice or an oversight?

I have a short question: the moto version won't pop up in the track selection of the server manager - I compared it to Watkins Glen and the only difference in naming and folder structure i could find is that the non-moto layout isn't in a seperate folder, was that a deliberate choice or an oversight?
I originally wasn't going to include the moto layout so the multi layout folder structure was not used. Later I ended up including it but had already released a previous version to the public and didn't want to require deleting of older versions as that can be a support nightmare. So I only created the multi layout folders only for moto.

Last edited:
Oh ... yea i did not check the history so i did not see that you added it later, thanks for the quick feedback (well and the track, it's great) .

Hosting the moto layout is just a tiny edit in the config file away so it's a non-issue anyways.

"Moto layout added which I doubt anybody will use but it's there (it's terrible)" :laugh:
It's really good for messing with people who do not expect that horrible chicane to be there though.

rabug.PNG

Seem to be missing collision on the line's edge. Sorry if this is a CSP bug!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.