Road America

Tracks Road America 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
For a very long time I've had a set of "nocut" layouts which I believe were originally created by @Captain Condescending (the set includes most if not all of the stock tracks). These layouts have modified surfaces.ini files (to make cutting more readily noticed/penalised by the sim). I have never experienced a checksum error despite racing on many public and private servers, some of which must surely have had the files available to perform the checksums.
On this basis, despite not having deliberately tested with a server which I am 100% certain to have the content for checksumming (or at least not that I can remember! :D), I'm pretty confident that the checksumming isn't affected by a fresh layout with a modified surfaces.ini.

Ok so the answer to this is actually kinda complicated. Sometimes it seems creating a 2nd layout on a track which previously only had one, ie the file structure wasn't sorted into folders for layouts, adding a layout and uploading that version to the server will cause people without the added layout locally to checksum when trying to join. I'm not 100% sure but it might also checksum the other way around. We found this out while testing AC Server Manager.

@LilSki what an amazing track. Thank you so much for this. I freaked out when I saw a person walking around behind the Armco barrier. Nice use of the new CSP features. Great attention to detail and these little bits are just the icing.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 407 69.1%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 258 43.8%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 277 47.0%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 121 20.5%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 163 27.7%
Back