Tracks Road America [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking good, a big improvement over the previous version! :thumbsup:

The tirewalls need some attention though, still blocky. Takes away from the improvements you guys are adding with every release.

20180129203132_1.jpg

Thanks for continued improvements on this track.

This is long stretch but with available arial data for Road America.

Would it be possible to place the physical road mesh (lidar) below the track?

Considering that texture work is already done. Or is such thing even possible.

LilSki the track genius from what I recall said that in his tracks he has separate road mesh that is not visible. And textures are placed on top.

Looking good, a big improvement over the previous version! :thumbsup:

The tirewalls need some attention though, still blocky. Takes away from the improvements you guys are adding with every release.

View attachment 233275

not really sure what you mean by blocky, just did a visual companion with some other tracks these are not that low poly even compared to kunos tracks

at least you crash when you hit them now;)

not really sure what you mean by blocky, just did a visual companion with some other tracks these are not that low poly even compared to kunos tracks

at least you crash when you hit them now;)
The normals are not in smoothing mode. That is what he is talking about. Typical of conversions that have gone through 3dsimed

Thanks for continued improvements on this track.

This is long stretch but with available arial data for Road America.

Would it be possible to place the physical road mesh (lidar) below the track?

Considering that texture work is already done. Or is such thing even possible.

LilSki the track genius from what I recall said that in his tracks he has separate road mesh that is not visible. And textures are placed on top.
This track is already setup with invisible mesh. You can't just throw a layout from lidar under it as it will likely be off by as much as 10+ feet in some areas. Also I looked into the RA data last night actually and the site has changed and I cannot seem to find a way to download the data. I can find a 2' topo map (better than nothing) but not the lidar data. Might have to contact the local town to get access to it. And given I am not a tax payer of that town it may be an issue.

that would awesome, some kinda preview video for the track would look good at the top of the thread
I just recorded a nice replay of an RA run in a 787b on the wing of a Porsche after a slow outlap. I'd love to post it also if you let me know how to post AC replays to Youtube?

Great work by the way!! Looks perfect

This track is already setup with invisible mesh. You can't just throw a layout from lidar under it as it will likely be off by as much as 10+ feet in some areas. Also I looked into the RA data last night actually and the site has changed and I cannot seem to find a way to download the data. I can find a 2' topo map (better than nothing) but not the lidar data. Might have to contact the local town to get access to it. And given I am not a tax payer of that town it may be an issue.

ah i see the faceted sides thanks

its a fairly simple fix for next time

again you beat me to it, its a conversion, i'm going to say a similar thing that i said about road atlanta, i updated this because i wanted it to be the best experience possible with what is already there. that said im sure most of you would be amazed at the origins of this track. ps if you know dont post here;)

again you beat me to it, its a conversion, i'm going to say a similar thing that i said about road atlanta, i updated this because i wanted it to be the best experience possible with what is already there. that said im sure most of you would be amazed at the origins of this track
NFS Shift?

haha i said dont post. never mind:D you already checked under the bonnet
I don't care. People tend to look the other way when they really want a track. Bathurst is also an obvious rip from Grid autosport. I was aware of this tracks origins when I did the mesh for it. It is the classic case of "I got permission" ignoring the fact that the the guy you got permission from didn't actually build it.

Figured as much

hows it running for you?. i didnt realise camera facing crowds were such a performance hit. or am i missing somthing?
They will impact performance more when a track is not optimized like this one. Good thing is you delete the camera facing.ini and they are gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back