Tracks Road America [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have kslayered the track day objects and crowds. if i run it on high i get a steady 190 -210 fps on my system, which is about 5 fps less than i get on kunos track on average, obviously this my system

i grouped all the trees which helped a lot, also find that on conversions its a good idea to re-export all the textures with the photoshop nvidea plugin, got about 5-10 fps increase on average with this track just bu doing this

ok cool. file is just uploading, i will pm you with the link shortly

Full list of updates (you could use the images above for the post previews - your call)

• Fixed UV mapping on dynamic groove (now looks more natural - no sharp edges)
  • Updated hoardings and billboards with 2017 advertisments
  • Removed Track boards physical properties to increase performance
  • Added Kslayered Crowds (Reduce world detail to high to remove crowds and increase performance)
  • Added a few sprinklings of race day stuff to give track a little more life
  • Updated and tweaked many textures Across the whole track (too Many to list)
  • Fixed Bridge Reverb's and general track audio
  • Added Sections ini
  • New UI track map and previews
  • Added new AI track boundaries, (There may be a better ai line posted somewhere on here - angain your call if you want to add that in)

Please could you also added credit to dazzy B for his kind permission to use his tree textures)

Albert McSaltens updated Road America with a new update entry:

Road america

Changelog:
  • Fixed UV mapping on dynamic groove (now looks more natural - no sharp edges)
  • Updated hoardings and billboards with 2017 advertisments
  • Removed Track boards physical properties to increase performance
  • Added Kslayered Crowds (Reduce world detail to high to remove crowds and increase performance)
  • Added a few sprinklings of race day stuff to give track a little more life
  • Updated and tweaked many textures Across the whole track (too Many to list)
  • Fixed Bridge...

Read the rest of this update entry...

thanks for the update love it already one question will you make a autumn, winter and wet version that would put the cherry on the cake

is it just me or did the old trees have way more "depth" ? the new ones might look nicer but are a bit ...bland? this is "light clouds" weather btw maybe it's different when the sun is out
kYzJNf4.jpg

Last edited:
is it just me or did the old trees have way more "depth" ? the new ones might look nicer but are a bit ...bland? this is "light clouds" weather btw maybe it's different when the sun is out
kYzJNf4.jpg
[/QUOTE

fixing this as we speak. next upadate. they are looking way better already as i have made some tweaks

Just as downloaded this track a few days ago for SRS racing :D

I was really impressed by the track. It is very nice, and the layout is very well flowing, produces very good racing.

There was one big issue though - performance was quite low. I have capped AC on 70fps, but it was mostly 50-60. Ok for me, but cause very slight stuttering.

Can't wait to update this mod and race again there. Preferably in SimRacingSystem.

thanks for the update love it already one question will you make a autumn, winter and wet version that would put the cherry on the cake
RoAm is one of my daily go-tos so some skin options for added variety would be terrific.

Great work on the recent updates btw, @jim lloyd. Very much appreciated. :thumbsup:

I'm still a little unsure as to which is considered the 'best' AI line, so if somebody could please clarify?

RoAm is one of my daily go-tos so some skin options for added variety would be terrific.

Great work on the recent updates btw, @jim lloyd. Very much appreciated. :thumbsup:

I'm still a little unsure as to which is considered the 'best' AI line, so if somebody could please clarify?

Haven’t tried Jim’s new one but you can download mine under AC misc and just copy it to the AI folder. If you don’t like it just replace it again with Jim’s. Easy job. :)

lovely update, cheers!
noticed a couple of issues, skid marks illuminated when should be shaded:
Screenshot_ks_mclaren_f1_gtr_road_america_11-1-118-18-11-49.jpg
Screenshot_ks_mclaren_f1_gtr_road_america_11-1-118-18-11-52.jpg

some old issues:
shader/texture of this bridge is too dark
Screenshot_ks_mclaren_f1_gtr_road_america_11-1-118-18-12-16.jpg

this thing is just vomit, maybe desaturating a bit would help
Screenshot_ks_mclaren_f1_gtr_road_america_11-1-118-18-12-32.jpg

transition between grass and sand could be nicer, at least here where it is so close to the road
Screenshot_ks_mclaren_f1_gtr_road_america_11-1-118-18-12-39.jpg

"tags": [
"test track",
"USA",
"circuit"
],
"country": "U.S.A.",

It's even worse when the sun is out :D. Way too uniform (not enough shaded areas) barbie-land green makes them look somewhat too cartoonish and flat.

Is there any way we can replace some files to get the old trees back, or can we have them available as an optional package?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back