RIde1 with Ride2 physics

RIDE RIde1 with Ride2 physics pre-final

Login or Register an account to download this content
Znicz submitted a new resource:

RIde1 with Ride2 physics - soo, i did the physics swap

Here you will find a complete Ride1 physics swap to that of Ride2 (vanilla) with minor exceptions due to slight differences between the two games (Some features are simply missing from Ride1, or in Ride2 has been eliminated).
Changes includes all bikes from both Pro and Standard physics.
I left the original "stiffness" of the Ride1 rider because I just find it better. Pro physics also includes dynamic lean speed formula (under the influence of speed it is harder to lean).
This is a beta and...

Read more about this resource...

Znicz, you deserve a medal for this mod, and I'm retired military, so I don't say that lightly.

I picked up the original, "Ride" with all DLC for two dollars and change during a Milestone sale the other day. Out of the box, it was pretty mediocre, very twitchy and overreacted to controls, even with a tweaked controller that works great with all my other motorcycle sims.

I collect motorcycle sims and have most of the titles out there. And I've been riding motorcycles in real life since I was ten years old. That's fifty-five years of riding motorcycles on and off road, including some motocross racing. I finally sold my last motocross bike, a Honda CRF450R, a few years ago after my wife began assuring me that she would soon die of a heart attack if I didn't, "stop the motocross". I'm getting older, so I thought, "Maybe she's right?"

Anyway, I installed this mod and Ride 1 went from uninspiring to being a very nice, well-handling motorcycle sim. As soon as I installed it, I set two new personal records on back-to-back laps at the Sierra Nevada track with my well-modified Ducati 696 Monster.

Then I spent a couple of hours blasting around Wales and the French Riviera. Ride 1 has gone from a bargain title that I would have soon ignored and regretted, to a nice title that I'll play a lot.

So, I had to say, THANK YOU, ZNICZ! :D

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea