Richard Burns Rally Facelift 2016

Later today on RD PPV, the baddest man in modding, the universally recognised as the true a-hole, porridge, will defend all of his titles against one of the most unworthy mandatory challengers, the notorious rule-bender ssy6703 in what promises to be the biggest mismatch of the year.

While a lot has been made of the choice of ref and the scoring judges, you'll have a hard time finding anyone who thinks this will go to the scorecards. In fact, to say that this is a raw sewage of a fight, is an obvious insult to raw sewages.

---------------------

EDIT. Oh no. Did the fight get cancelled? Did one of us pop the VADA test? Perhaps just as well, the PPV would have tanked anyway because of the illegal streams.

It really shouldn't have come to this: in the readme of my co-driver package I have specifically forbidden everything except personal use, almost to a degree that personal use would be forbidden too. Of course, it's partly to kill the joy of others, I don't deny that because that remains fun regardless of the times, but trust me: everything for a reason and your season mod is the perfect illustration on why I'm so negative towards conversions etc per se. Heck, maybe in some twisted way I should be grateful to you for this. :D

This goes far deeper than the usual tirades of being uncredited (that hardly surprises the old vet like porridge after all the years), because the way I've seen you rehash my files in order to accommodate other co-driver mods via a shared ini files in the end rapes my view of what would be acceptable in today's RBR. Not only have the benefits of how my mod interacts with the great Pacenote Plugin been ripped away, but also how the files are duplicated or used in wrong slots (most notably in cases like "80" in the "100" slot) is just astounding, ludicrous and obviously not as I intended it.

So yes, you were absolutely right not to have asked me for my permission because no way would I have given it (I never do in fairness). I would have been a right dimwit if I did. And obviously I can't let anyone have the impression that I'd have endorsed something like this, that really would be the worst. But who knows, maybe you were arrogantly relying on my rumoured inactivity and how I wouldn't be ready for your style. But you know, I've seen it all, I never let myself go and I'm always ready. :)

But tell you what, since I'm quite a mellow individual, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Just remove my co-driver content, spot the error in the aidrv.ini and by all means upload your mod again. Once I'm satisfied, I'll fully erase this text. You may of course expose yourself for further scrutiny from other modders now, but fortunately for you, I know others to be far more lenient on these matters than the legend also known as porridge.
Wow that was impressive. Makes me want to try to mod your work badly in the hope I could get such a wonderful response.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back