Rich Summer skin for Kunos Nordschleife

Tracks Rich Summer skin for Kunos Nordschleife v3.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
TheNuvolari submitted a new resource:

Rich Summer skin for Kunos Nordschleife - Track skin based on the Green Hell during late May

Bringing another track skin, this time I tried to improve the vegetation at Nordschleife, based on pictures and footages from the 2022 season N24H race.

The textures are saturated on purpose to achieve that 'dense green' feel. Most of the tree textures are also new, special thanks to https://meye.dk/, fantastic free tree png pictures, hundreds of species, hundreds of colors in high quality.

Pictures taken in different conditions:
Before...

Read more about this resource...

TheNuvolari updated Rich Summer skin for Kunos Nordschleife with a new update entry:

Recreational attempt #67617717

Once again rebuilt from scratch. Also replaced many old textures. You might think it's easy to find reference pictures of the world's probably most famous track but the amount of oversaturated/edited images are flooding the internet, so I have to rely on onboard footages that aren't always reflecting how the track looks in the flesh as the windshield can change the colors of the vegetation, the camera can be dirty, wrong calibration etc. so I chose motorcycle onboard footages instead.

I...

Read the rest of this update entry...

You need to increase the alpha testing for branch5.dds, the way it is now the texture is too transparent from distance.
I thought that has to do something with the settings, when screenshotted it looks fine with Nice Screenshots enabled in CSP, but as I'm not using the same settings for in-game it's getting more visible from closer

I thought that has to do something with the settings, when screenshotted it looks fine with Nice Screenshots enabled in CSP, but as I'm not using the same settings for in-game it's getting more visible from closer
If you're using Gimp, you need to use BC3/DXT5 format, generate mipmaps, preserve alpha test coverage and set the value to 1.0. This will make the mipmaps pretty much opaque. Setting it lower will result in more transparent mipmaps, I think 0.5 is default. For other software I don't know what settings to use.

If you're using Gimp, you need to use BC3/DXT5 format, generate mipmaps, preserve alpha test coverage and set the value to 1.0. This will make the mipmaps pretty much opaque. Setting it lower will result in more transparent mipmaps, I think 0.5 is default. For other software I don't know what settings to use.
I am using Paint.NET and use DXT5 compression, mipmaps are generated of course, I don't have options to change coverage unfortunately though

Hello. There are two skins now in the cm skins folder. What's the difference and much check both of them?
I also included a dry grass version if you want to faithfully recreate this year's N24h race:
Screenshot_urd_bayro_gt3_v2_ks_nordschleife_4-11-122-18-46-7.jpg
One has drier spots on the grass and the other is pure green

TheNuvolari updated Rich Summer skin for Kunos Nordschleife with a new update entry:

3.1 - Smaller improvements

• Adjusted grass color & texture outside of barriers in the Dry version
  • Added custom treeline on Nürburgring GP part of the track
  • Fixed broken Carpinus Betulus tree texture
  • Added new pine textures!
View attachment 626220
View attachment 626221
View attachment 626222

This is the closest and most realisic pine texture I could find that doesn't look terrible while also not having white dots surrounded around it due to the bad...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea