1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

rFactorAIWCAMeditor won't open.

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder' started by Jimlaad43, Jan 21, 2014.

1. Jimlaad43

Jimlaad43
    Nice apex, I'll take it! Premium Member

I have downloaded all the files, including the DEVFiles folder and put it all in the right place, but it won't open. When I click on the exe, the cursor puts up the blue "Loading" circle for about a second, before it stops and nothing happens. I had it working on my previous laptop, but my new Windows 8.1 laptop won't work. Could it be that it is looking in Program Files rather than Program Files (x86) (Where the data is), and if so, how do I change it.

2. ebrich

ebrich
    Premium Member

Try -

If it's the rFactor one (not the Guitarmaen one) then the exe needs to go into the rFactor folder where the rFactor exe is. If its the Guitarmaen's Editor that also should go into the rFactor main folder with the other files. And it needs to be configured - (rF_AIW_CAM.conf).

3. Jimlaad43

Jimlaad43

it's not the Guitarmaen one. Where do I find the configure file?

4. ebrich

ebrich
    Premium Member

5. Jimlaad43

Jimlaad43

It still doesn't work. It's the stuff Guitarmaen's doesn't do that I need doing. I run Windows 8.

6. ebrich

ebrich
    Premium Member

heard from a source "Make sure no plugins like realfeel are installed when using the aiw editor "

7. Jimlaad43

Jimlaad43

The only one I have is Map Plugin.

8. ebrich

ebrich
    Premium Member

It may well be worth unpluging it to see if that helps.

9. Jimlaad43

Jimlaad43

Didn't work

10. Has anyone got the editor running in Win 8 or 10 yet? I'm still not able to get it working :(

Thanks