Rfactor2 Test Season: Settings and Setup Thread

ive done alot of testing tonight with various drivers for my graphics card (ati hd6970), i was using the latest 14.1 drivers and before that i was using 13.4 and managed decent performance but tonight ive went to 12.11 after reading that they were best suited for rf2, well ive got to say they are amazing in rf2 :cool:, literally 20-30fps gain in all situations:confused:, ive even managed to force on 4x aa through catalyst control centre and have more eye candy enabled :) , looks much better and runs smooth, if you get fps issues with older ati cards then try the 12.11 :thumbsup:

Has the track map plugin been updated lately? I found it incredibly useful when I had it, but crashing problems lead to me giving it up. Was something like 1/100 times I went to the track, my rF2 crashed. And I didn't like those odds in league environments.

It has not been updated since april ( :D ) last year.
But so far I never had a problem that was related to this plugin.
On the other hand: some guys can not use this plugin in combination with MSI Afterburner for example, where I have no probs with this combo here, so you never know.

HERE is the official thread for this plugin

Ahh, MSI Afterburner's pretty standard for my PC use :p I always have it on. But if that's all I need to disable to use Trackmap, that's a small price to pay :D

Plus, these weird little glitches like that can be randomly fixed by driver updates. And I've done a lot of those since.

so dino, how do the upgrades work? thats something ive not even started looking into yet, ive actually set the melbourne server to fixed upgrades as id thought that leagues would use the fixed upgrades option as a way to balance it out for everyone.

anyhoo if someone could give us some info on the upgrades side it would be appreciated :thumbsup:

I hope you don't use fixed upgrades.

For example: I highly prefer high-downforce package on most tracks, would be a shame if I would have to drive with the default one here.
Also roll-centre upgrades are not that complicated. I have only 2 or 3 settings which suit me there and I would really like to be free to choose one of them (one of them is the default one).

can one of you guys explain something to me? (april or dino)

if for example i choose a high downforce upgrade package and set the ingame setup values to max wings, what would be the diffrence if i chose a low downforce package and set ingame setup to max wings?

still trying to get my head around this.

EDIT: we probably shouldve done this in the settings and setup thread, if you have time nico could you move these last couple of posts to the appropriate thread, cheers :thumbsup:

The downforce upgrade package on the f3.5 DOES WORK!!

I did try this downfroce package on Melbourne track with the Renault 3.5 .

1 test , medium downforce package , 5 laps : wings 16/16 and default setup , fuel 24 litres , the car was hard to control , unpredictable behaviour and span many times. my best time was 146-8

second test hight downforce package , 5 laps : wings 16/16 and default setup , fuel 24 litres, the car felt great , very stable rear and I could push the car with no spinning and my best time was 144-7 , almost 2 seconds faster.
I could easily feel the difference between the 2 packages with the same setup.

question ;when downloading a setup from the forum , where do I save it ? I could not find a setup folder in rF2 directory!

cheers.

Will be a massive learning curve in rf2 I find I drive to aggressive atm for rf2 and it compliments the smoother driver, hard to be aggressive especially in races. I'm pretty sure open setups and presto will mean we all learn a lot quicker for any advantages.

I'm like a lot of guys to many lock ups lol although getting a used to braking more I play just fact that I have no time to practise atm :) but look forward to playing with these upgrades to I didn't know about these so will have to try out :thumbsup:.

Also, remember to check how fuel is added during a pitstop. By default, you specify a level of fuel to fill to in the pit menu. So if you set it to 50l, it'll fill the tank to 50l, and not add 50l to what you already have.

If you'd prefer adding fuel instead, open your .plr file, and change "Relative Fuel Strategy" to "1". I'd suggest you do this, as this gives more flexibility. You still get the right amount of fuel for a full race even if you pit early.

btw I always thought the FR 3.5 is not supposed to be refuelable, but you can define the refuel amount in the preset and it actualy does refuel the car.
Very strange since it is missing in the pit-menu, which usually means that it isn't supposed to work, strange :O_o:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back