1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rFactor Unknown Internal Error

Discussion in 'rFactor' started by Bram, Oct 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Attached Files:

2. I found this at Racesim Central - might be worth trying a few of the suggestions?

3. Bram

Bram

Yeah i ran through those pages as well but without any success. Problem is still there :(

4. I've not ever seen the error message before - I'll do a little more research, to see if I can dig anything up. It almost looks like it's something to do with the activation for the game? I might be way off the mark though..

In the meantime, have you tried contacting customer services by clicking the link? It might be something they're familiar with, after a reinstall.

5. Bram

Bram

Nope havent contacted them yet, normally our board is a quicker way to solve things then official customer support :)
    If nobody knows the answer they will be my final resort, otherwise my rF days will be over soon..

6. Tried using a Nocd Bram?

7. Bram

Bram

Jup, doesnt work either

8. Tim Ling

Tim Ling
    It's a million-to-1 chance, but it just might work Premium Member

it maybe an issue with Windows rather than rF Bram. I'm assuming you've done all the updates for Windows? DX error maybe? Do other games run ok? :frusty:

9. I've heard that the activation can get screwed up sometimes on a new install:

Take a backup of your Trymedia folder (found in C:\documents and settings\All Users\Application Data in XP or C:\Users\All Users in Vista) then remove the original - it should ask for reactivation after running rFactor, so have your activation key handy!

10. Bram

Bram

After new re-install of the pc 2 months ago i've lost my trymedia folder. Really a challenge to solve this isnt :)

@ Tim: other games run flawless

11. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

Not seen that message either Bram, but I had to reinstall rFactor this week to my new PC, and also had problems with my original saved downloaded installation file. I assume it was because it was the older version.
    So I just downloaded the newer rFactor Lite 1255 version, and everything went fine. When it required activation, I just entered my activation code from before and it activated immediately.

Have you checked whether you still have that Trymedia folder in Documents and settings, maybe it ended up in a different location. If so, kill it and try again.

12. Bram

Bram

My old file was gone after reformatting the pc. Ramon and i have tried to install 3 different downloads, different keys, and also rF Lite with no success..

So the one that comes with the golden answer will make me a really happy man. All ready missed today's Karting event in the Racing Club because of this... Me and rFactor don't get allong to well i think :)

13. I wish i knew what it was Bram, i have never seen this error before??
    Might be good to contact them anyhow even if it takes longer. Did you try to install on another HDD ?

14. One other thing to check - you're running the latest version right? If your DVD wasn't the 1255 version, you can get the update from the rFactor.net site - bare in mind there are two different versions, one for the downloaded copy, and one for the DVD copy.

Turning into a real challenge this one! It might be a good idea, like Patrick says, to contact support at the same time - it can't do any harm. :)

15. Bram

Bram

Problem solved. You will not believe this:

We uninstalled AVG virusscanner and suddenly this come to life!

16. Lol Bram, yesterday I was about to post something about virusscanners, until I saw that you tried everything that was named in a link earlier this thread, so I thought you already tried it, since there also was something about virusscanners in it :bounce:

Good to hear it's solved.

17. Ramon van Rijn

Ramon van Rijn
    Premium Member

We did try to disable AND uninstall the virusscanner earlier. Apparently it was not really removed :)

Glad it worked this time :)

18. Ramon van Rijn

Ramon van Rijn
    Premium Member

Solution for AVG Free users to run rFactor is to make an exception for the rFactor folder.

• Right click AVG Anti-Virus Free (system tray)
    • Open AVG User Interface
    • Double click Resident Shield Component
    • Click on "Manage Exceptions"
    • Add path to directory where you have rFactor installed (in example: C:\GAMES\rFactor\)
    • Apply
    • Save Changes
    Game will run fine now :)

19. Cool - good news. I'm glad it's all sorted for you.

20. Ross Balfour

Ross Balfour
    #99 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs

Oh my goodness the same thing is happening to me! But I cant get rid of AVG my dad will kill me!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.