rFactor to rFactor 2?

I've recently got very interested in rFactor, since I discovered the various classic F1 mods: I much prefer the 80s and early 90s when it comes to F1. My question is are any mods that run on rFactor likely to work with rFactor 2? Also, how much is rFactor?? I went on the site but I couldn't find an actual price for the damn thing anywhere!

Thanks in advance. :)

It's not unusual for it to take more than 2 hours to get a reply, particularly when it's the middle of the night in Europe. Have patience.

In answer to your question, rFactor mods can work in rFactor 2 but will need to be converted to the new format. I'm sure there are people out there willing to do that but it may take a while since rF2 is still in beta at the moment. The modding community will probably really kick off when the game is complete.

If you want to know how much rF1 costs, download the trial. It's the full game which you can try out for free before paying to activate the full version. It'll tell you the price. You could also try a forum search in our rFactor community.

Edit: Clicking on the TryMedia link on the page above revealed the price to be £24.99. Click it yourself if you are outside the UK and it will likely show the cost in your local currency.

Look on Amazon.com or some site like that for rfactor1. Saves a lot of money ;)

In terms of rf2, indeed, the mods have to be converted. I am sure there will be a lot available in time, but for now it's not that much in relation to F1. I thihk that for the coming year at least, rfactor1 suits you better ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back