1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Rfactor to Racer track conversion issues

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by tornado33, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Hello everyone,
    I have been reading these forums for a long time now but as i have an issue i thought it was a good time to start posting :p

I am trying to convert a version of Silverstone from Rfactor to racer for personal use, i have been through the process of converting all of the .dds files to .tga and now i am stuck. From the tutorial on the racer.nl website it informs me that i should change the texture that the .gmt file is looking for from .dds to .tga. I have a copy of 3dsmax 2010 and i have installed the following plugins: importGMT2, GMT2-wizard and the Rfactormax 2010. I have seen written that the hardwareshader.(something) needs to be updated, which makes sense because when i ever i use the importGMt2 script a message pops up about it. So basically I am sort of lost on how to change what file type the .gmt files are looking for. Probably very simple to sort i am just horribly inexperienced with 3dsmax :p

Would greatly appreciate the support :)

2. firstly i wouldnt recommend using importGMT2, because for some reason it makes everything look wrong when you take it out to racer..but that maybe something i did...as for converting dds to tga, i use 3dsimed..texture batch conversion, it works the best..i would have a look around for dds plugin for 3dsmax, then you shouldnt need to convert the files as it would be a waste of time..racer can take them from memory..apart from that..post a pic of the message your getting (print screen, save in a paint prog) then post it, and i'll see if i can help you out..as i'm learning racer myself

3. Kei

Kei

hi, i am having problems to convert tracks from rfactor too, i have used notepad++ and macros to change all the dds to tga in the gmt files.
    I am currently trying to export the models to 3ds format. but some of the file names are truncated.
    some textures are missing when I open the .3ds in the 3d studio max. the problem is when imported the ase in tracked, I see nothing but wire frames, except for the trees.
    what should i do?