rFactor to GTL conversion, car spawns below track and falls endlessly

Evening everyone, so I've been attempting to convert one of my favourite rFactor tracks to GTL and I've finally gotten the track to load in game.

However, when it loads I find my car spawns below the track in the 'void', endlessly falling, instead of in the pit garage where it's supposed to. I immediately assumed this was an issue with the AIW, but I can't see anything glaringly wrong with the AIW. This one I'm not sure where to start with, so I was hoping that somebody out there knows the answer. Big thanks, all.

Does the pit floor material conform to GTL naming as found in your SpecialFX.tec ?
What Rfactor track is it so we can take a look at the road surface.

Does the pit floor material conform to GTL naming as found in your SpecialFX.tec ?
What Rfactor track is it so we can take a look at the road surface.
The track is Reservoir GP, I can't link to it on here but it's on rFactorCentral.

All the track materials are named like they're supposed to, and I used the material mapping tool in 3DSimED to make sure everything was good, so I believe it should be okay.

I did notice watching the replay monitor, when I load into the track, I spawn already falling, not in the pit box and falling through the floor, so I think it may be spawning the car in the wrong place. I don't know for sure though.

EDIT: Okay so I just tried loading the track with a different car and it worked as normal. For some reason the Porsche 911 spawns under the track but the BMW CSL spawns in the garage.

EDIT EDIT: I tried loading into a race weekend with 10 AI cars and 6 of them spawned under the track and the other 4 (and me) spawned correctly in the garage. I tried fast forwarding to the race and all the cars lined up on the grid correctly and got through the race as normal.

Last edited:
Out of interest and after your comment of it being a favourite track. I converted it to RF2 this morning, after a couple of TDF and missing GMT errors the track loaded.
I raced 46 cars and had no falling through floor errors.Track does have some small problems but nothing major, track surface a bit rough and usual overbright RF1 textures. As you said a great track built by Rocana.

Out of interest and after your comment of it being a favourite track. I converted it to RF2 this morning, after a couple of TDF and missing GMT errors the track loaded.
I raced 46 cars and had no falling through floor errors.Track does have some small problems but nothing major, track surface a bit rough and usual overbright RF1 textures. As you said a great track built by Rocana.
Yeah, on my initial GTL conversion there were tons of GMT errors where objects were trying to load but they just don't exist in the SCN file on 3DSimEd, I had to go through one-by-one and delete the broken entries. I haven't quite figured out what the cause of my issue is still.

And yes, the track layout works for so many different types of racing, anywhere from classic touring cars to modern F1, and the environment is quite nice as well.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.