rFactor - Ideas for the new racing events.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcel vd Aa

AC Paint Guru
In this thread i would like to see you share your thoughts on what you would like to see in the future rF racing club events.
As i said in the [thread=12325]rFactor - New and Improved[/thread] thread i am going to put together a list of a set number of mods and tracks.
I am currently thinking of 10 different mods and 20 to 30 different tracks.
This way we can limit the amount of changes people need to make in order to race.

After a while, i will change the list to accomodate new mods/ tracks.
I'm thinking three months would be nice...
Here are some things i would like you to consider when putting mods/ tracks in your list:
- They need to offer well balanced, close and especially fun racing.
- I would also like to see mods/ tracks that are realistic in feel, sound and graphics.
- Also maybe consider a default car class for a series of races (maybe openwheelers?)
- For the true hardcore simmers; what would you like to see for a racing series? (possibly F1?)
- Try to think a bit outside the box, no need to do the same kind of events that GTRe offers. Maybe dirt races...?
- In my opinion mods that allready have proven themselfs should be considered first.

I am sure you guys will come up with some great insights on this, and i hope we can come together on this subject to make this a great new start.

Regards, Marcel

The approach Marcel did, is going completely out of control. Too much is ask and most of them can not be handled that easy. Especially when someone is new on the job.

I hope Marcel will still continue the rFactor events, but it will be on a lower pace and with a proper start to let him slowly grow into organizing things.

Sorry for the wait, but I hope you all will understand.
In the meantime the Monday/Wednesdays are covered by events posted by me. Suggestions are welcome by PM. But don't let it go out of control. The keyword is fun and driveable for most members. Preferred on the mods we try to stick to for a while (Mini/Cart/Lupos/E90/BRKarts).
We have other staff covering the other days with other mods.

Brands Hatch Indy so short laptimes with some straights, VW Lupos x 10 Trucks (the unrestricted ones) x 10, 1997 x 5 - just tried this off line the trucks out accellerate the lupos, the lupos gain on brakes and cornering, the faster cars have a race of their own but a struggle through the pack - the trucks against the lupos make the size and weight of the trucks really apparent, when your in a lupo there sooo intimidating -think it would be a fun event - what do you all think?

Please check the rFactor Racing Club; plenty of events running nowadays. At least on Monday/Wednesday and the Sunday F1 support races.

I am planning to have 1 mod replaced every month. Currently I am thinking of replacing the E90 for the BMW 1 mod. But I also would like to try out the BMW Procar.

PS. VLN sounds cool, but the cars don't suit mixed racing because of the great differences between them. It can only be done properly with cup racing, but then I think better mods are available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 42 26.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 31 19.5%
  • Prizes

Votes: 29 18.2%
  • Trophies

Votes: 17 10.7%