Released [rfactor] Horsma Raceway

Ghoults

Lasse Luisu
Hello everyone :)

I finished my long term project track finally! Horsma Raceway 1.0 is ready.

Below are few videos from the version (0.8 beta, January 24th 2012) version. First video is Historix Minis on the Formula layout and the second one is Historix Corvette on the GT layout. The videos showcase the track as 95% complete but lack some of the details and fine tuning I have added to the 1.0 release.

I'll add another video of the GT rev layout soonish...

For comparison below are some outdated videos showing earlier previews of the tracks:
Vid1
Vid1

(Link to track map)

Little about the track

Horsma Raceway is a fantasy track located in northern Finland. I have built this track with only one goal in mind and that has been to make it a track I enjoy driving (and making!) a lot. I hope you do enjoy it too. The track is supposed to be a realistic track from the late 80s/early 90s and I think one of its real life counterparts could be Oulton park, Mid-ohio or Mosport. At least I hope so! The track is fairly fast with many fast bends and lots of elevations. Being relatively old track it is also made to be bumpy. Mostly it is like normal track but some of the darker patches around the track are much more bumpy.

The track has technical sections followed by fast sweeping turns testing both your patience with the throttle and guts to take some of the turns flatout. In most turns you need to adjust your line for the next corner so someone might call it a technical track too. There are elevation differences but not as major or sudden as in Laguna seca or Bathurst. The track is supposed to be well flowing track with some full throttle sections and slower parts followed by each other. There aren't any chicanes on the track except for the turn one in the formula layout. The back stretch (Snake back) especially is one my favourite sections of the track. Very fast but also very courageous string of corners. Hard to balance the car through the turns but really fun when you get it right.

The track has 3 configurations. The GT and GT rev layouts are the longer ones while the GT rev being more challenging with more fast blind turns. The GT rev is the GT layout in reversed direction. Then there is the Formula layout which is shorter and has a chicane to slow things down in t1. The GT tracks are meant for faster cars all the way up to GT cars and such. It works best for fast touring and gt cars like the cars in historix and tcl mods. The Formula layout is meant for slower cars and essentially the main target cars for this configuration are single seaters up to formula renault 3.5.

With faster cars the bumps of the track add a lot of challenge and that combined with the lack of long straights and the narrow track width make it challenging combination. I'd imagine the track suiting really well for vintage single seaters though.

Stats:
- length 6.1 km (GT and TG rev layouts), ( 4.1 km (Formula layout)
- 16 turns, 10 to the right (GT version)

Future
I'd really like to convert this to rFactor2 but at the moment that is just a dream. Assetto corsa would be awesome too some time in future among other sims. Possible rFactor2 version will be called 2.0. Known bugs and issues (there are few at the moment) are listed on the bottom of this post.

Install
Installation instructions are in the readme file included in the zip file. Basically just extra the zip to rfactor\gamtedata\locations\. (If you did try my earlier version of this track you need to delete that track folder in locations folder to avoid any possible problems)

Download: (about 115Mb)
http://www.mediafire.com/?adc5mphgecbnjfn

Known issues:
- flying start and pace lap do not probably work.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back