rFactor 2?

Hey Gents, why have you guys stopped using rFactor 2 in your race features?
All we get is raceroom,..automobilist.. assetta corsa and the likes.
How about putting Nascar...Indycar racing on the map as well, once a week and not only formula type cars as well as touring cars?
Let's do some American style racing for a change....NB I am not an American.....:)

Hello Guys long time no speak.. :)

ok to answer the first question, You will be glad to know rather than stopping the 1 night in rf2 we are actually expanding..;)
Festive Break in the EU club races
Seasons greetings all! :thumbsup:

This is just a quick FYI about the rf2 racing club over the next couple of weeks.

Tuesday 26th December there will be no event

Tuesday 2nd January - Thursday 4th January: No events as RD servers are being reinstalled.

Tuesday 9th January: Back to the normal with a extra event on a Thursday night with hopefully more to come.

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and an excellent New Year, and I'll see you on track next week Year

with thanks Rupe and RD staff.

this was posted and is sticked above your post..

Now as for content
So not much choice
  • Bentley GT3 - v1.97
  • Radical GT3 - v1.993
  • Mercedes GT3 - v1.99
  • McLaren GT3 - v1.993
  • Callaway GT3 - v1.97
  • Formula E - v1.993
  • Dallara - v1.96
  • USF 2000 - v1.94
  • Camaro GT3 - v1.94
  • Corvette C6R - v1.93
  • Nissan 370Z GT4 - v1.93
  • Brabham BT44B - v1.95 >>>You need to manually subscribe HERE
  • Brabham BT20 - v1.95
  • Stock Car - v1.96
  • EVE -v1.98
  • Spark - v1.98
  • Formula Two - v1.95
  • Honda Civic BTCC - v1.99 (Physics Update: New tires)
  • Kart Cup - v1.92
  • Nissan GTR GT1 - v1.93
  • Howston G4 - v1.96
  • Howston G6 - v1.96
  • Megane 2013 - v1.95
  • Clio 2010 - v1.93
  • Howston Dissenter - v1.94
Tracks
  • LimeRock - 2.02
  • Mores - v1.82
  • Nola - v1.30
  • Indianapolis - v2.04
  • Silverstone - v1.84
  • Brianza - v2.04
  • Malaysia - v1.82

im sure we can have fun with this lot to start with and then look at steam workshop as more mods ect get updated..

So if anything next year we are full steam ahead on rf2..:)

We still have to check the new stuff that's entered in there but, yes we do use look at the steamworkshop as a reference.
And on trying to enter RD server and do not have the correct track car ect, it will download it and install it for you in the correct place.. So dont panic about getting the correct track ect..

The system in place works very well, as i found out when taking over what Daiman and Joseph had started.:)

Any news about it?
We still have to check the new stuff that's entered in there but, yes we do use look at the steamworkshop as a reference.
You already did with the RDLMS. Why don't you include from the beginning tracks like sebring, suzuka, interlagos, which have been already used in both club races and RD leagues...
We've seen the AU department using mods (both cars and tracks) successfully without any issue and with full grid (or almost full). They even used the nordschleife some time ago.
Automobilista used mods for more than a year now. Why is rf2 still so far behind? Hell, we even have the workshop, we just have to press "subscribe" and the mod is automatically installed on our computers.
I raced on AC for years and got bored by the 5 tracks we always use. rf2 used mods in the past on RD and now we are back to the starting line? What's the reason for that?

@BhZ All the RD servers have been wiped out and reinstalled during the holiday break, so a lot of work has been done in the background; and it seems rFactor 2 needed quite a bit of extra work compare to other games. It is still going I think. And Rupe is unfortunately ill atm so the EU club is not starting back full steam after the break.

You have to understand that we basically started over the EU club after a slow down period. Installing mods (cars or tracks) is an extra step that is not always easy for newcomers. It seems safer to start with original content that most people will already have, get the club running on a regular basis; and once you have a nice group of people it is of course time to offer more variety and use mods. The AU club has already a nice field of regular people, so they are ahead in that matter. :)

@BhZ All the RD servers have been wiped out and reinstalled during the holiday break, so a lot of work has been done in the background; and it seems rFactor 2 needed quite a bit of extra work compare to other games. It is still going I think. And Rupe is unfortunately ill atm so the EU club is not starting back full steam after the break.

You have to understand that we basically started over the EU club after a slow down period. Installing mods (cars or tracks) is an extra step that is not always easy for newcomers. It seems safer to start with original content that most people will already have, get the club running on a regular basis; and once you have a nice group of people it is of course time to offer more variety and use mods. The AU club has already a nice field of regular people, so they are ahead in that matter. :)
I understand, but really pressing subscribe in the workshop is as hard as pressing install on steam to install a game (actually this even asks you where you want to install it). The rf2 section is not that lively right now and i doubt that with the basic content you would attract that many people. Eventually you can ask to the modders of each content RD wants to use the permission to create a workshop group so that we just have to subscribe to that group to get all the content we need to race.
Some time ago you released an article about mods and how difficult the comminity finds them to install. The response was for the most part positive, with a lot of people saying that in 2017 (back then it was still 2017) it's quite easy to handle such things and even if you can't, google and the RD forum can help in that regard.
This is not a new game, most of the people that race on rf2 are experienced drivers and i think you can take less precautions compared to AC. Automobilista used mods and they had a huge community 3 months ago (haven't checked since then), so i don't think mods are the huge problem you seem to suggest.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back