rFactor 2 Videos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Youtube edits the quality. They say to optimize it, but in my experience (and in Lee's as well as I see), it's not always for the better.

You can see it as well, when uploading a movie. When it's fully uploaded, it's not available because "YouTube is processing" it.

Yeh I noticed you changed it lee...

How does this happen at youtube? I thought it was all about showing peoples vids not butcher them...
Thanks guys!

TJ it completely butchers the videos beyond belief, The original of that video is over 3GB once uploaded it is reduced to something 400mb, that right there should tell how much quality is lost when Youtube get to work on it. I spent a good hour or so colour correcting that last night, watching back 60's footage to get it right, ie, washed out with slight colour and not taking the easy route like most do and just plonking a yellow filter over the top. Took me ages.

It looks amazing here corrected but once on YT it looked dim and blocky and just didn't work. Same goes with this version, again looks nothing like the original. Playback on Youtube seems jerky and stuttery.

Here is a test. Grab Youtube Downloader and download my video and it will play back butter smooth with no jerking. It's a bandwidth issue with Youtube and heavy traffric, they really need to sort it out. It's 2012 now surely we can have better than this.

Ivo - Yes Vimeo is ok but only allow 720p and you are restricted to one HD video a month which is really no good for me

Thanks guys!

TJ it completely butchers the videos beyond belief, The original of that video is over 3GB once uploaded it is reduced to something 400mb, that right there should tell how much quality is lost when Youtube get to work on it. I spent a good hour or so colour correcting that last night, watching back 60's footage to get it right, ie, washed out with slight colour and not taking the easy route like most do and just plonking a yellow filter over the top. Took me ages.

It looks amazing here corrected but once on YT it looked dim and blocky and just didn't work. Same goes with this version, again looks nothing like the original. Playback on Youtube seems jerky and stuttery.

Here is a test. Grab Youtube Downloader and download my video and it will play back butter smooth with no jerking. It's a bandwidth issue with Youtube and heavy traffric, they really need to sort it out. It's 2012 now surely we can have better than this.

Ivo - Yes Vimeo is ok but only allow 720p and you are restricted to one HD video a month which is really no good for me

Ahh right, I get the picture now with how youtube works (no pun intended)

Good idea, I will grab youtube downloader and download your vid. Was actually going to ask if there was any way (with your permission ofcourse) that I could download your vids mate as they are pure quality and very much worth having on my HDD for future viewing. :)

@Lee Ross: do you use any special settings? That's looking so much better than on my computer but I've maxed everything out. Using pCARS settings through nVidia inspector is helping a bit but it's not as good as yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes